Chapter Fifty-Nine🌻

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious and Most Merciful, the Fifty-Ninth chapter of the story begins, please do enjoy it.
Good luck!

Arif's POV:It is almost dawn, and Maghreb prayer time is getting near

Arif's POV:
It is almost dawn, and Maghreb prayer time is getting near. [Q13:22]

I was pacing around in my room with my phone close to my ear.

I didn't open the windows of my room because the air con was on.

"Yeah, I understand, Lucas." I nodded as I paced forward.

I was speaking to Lucas. I didn't attend school for a couple of days, so he was giving me feedback.

"Come on, bruv. When will you return to our school again? I haven't seen you in person for a while now."

I chortle before pausing near my bed, "Don't worry Lucas, I will be coming to school tomorrow."

He gasps as I hear instinct chatter from the background, "Really?"

"Of course, mate. Besides, I am going to attend the freshers' day party."

"Woah, brilliant. And what if Taliha shows up?"

I hold a blank look, "And what's that supposed to mean?"

"Dude, I saw you talking to her when the EXCOs arrived at our hall."

After hearing that, I was stunned. Lucas saw me with Taliha that day, he was watching me.

Although, I didn't know what he was insinuating.

"So? What if?"

"Are you sure that you aren't getting close to her, Arif? Have you fallen for her?"

Without hesitation, I scoff with a wince.

"Nah, I have nothing to do with her."

"Really?"

Lucas' voice didn't sound fulfilled about it, though.

I was aware that Taliha was a beautiful and intelligent young lady, but I didn't feel anything for her less than friendship. Although the more I got closer to her, I learned new things about her. She made me realize some strange spectacles about her.

But I was more determined on obtaining my goal. Me improving my grades.

Love is the last thing on my mind, presently. 

I pick a bottle of water and drop my phone while on loudspeaker, then I pour the water into a glass.

"Well, it's fine mate. But do you think that she will allow you to become the new top student?" Lucas asked.

My mouth twists, "Of course, inshallah. She once told me that she never wanted to become the top student."

"Are you serious?"