Chapter Fifty-Six🌻

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious and Most Merciful, the Fifty-sixth chapter of the story begins, please do enjoy it.
Good luck.

Arif's POV:
I am about to leave the school as I stride to the hallway.

Recently, I went to visit Mr. Paul at his office, he is the dean of our faculty.

He is one of my father's acquaintances.

Father claims that he is an old friend from his high school. He once mentioned that Mr. Paul carried me when I was a child.

I always feel ashamed whenever they chat and laugh about my childhood days.

I had to see him because my father sent me to give him a letter.

I don't know what it contains but it had to be delivered.

As always, I can't stay in school like other students since I exercise and train in a field for some military tasks.

My test comes up next month, so I have some days and a few weeks left to train. I would obtain a high rank in my division if I do execute the task very well.

I wonder how Taliha would feel when I leave for the training, I wouldn't want us to fight again. I don't want to hurt her and break her trust, so I shall tell her before I leave.

Suddenly, I see Scott from miles away. He was talking to Mr. Garrick, I decided to hide because I don't want Mr. Garrick to see me.

I might not leave this school on time if we meet.

After a few minutes, Scott dashes towards my path while Mr. Garrick enters his office.

He waves his right hand to me before passing by, "Oh hey, Arif!"

I only smile in return and watch him walk to our lecture hall.

I decide to continue my journey out of the building until I make a stop and turn back. Then I instinctively chase him after I suspected his meeting with Mr. Garrick. It could be possible that Scott has an announcement for us.

After I arrive at the hall, Scott was standing on the podium.

He proclaims with a hand to his chest. "It is I...your course representative, Scott Walker."

"I am here reporting from the chemistry department. Mr. Garrison said that we will be having the practical for this semester on Monday, that is precisely...next week."

Everyone is surprised and they started murmuring.

I only scoff because my hunch was correct.

I knew it...

Since Scott instructed us to choose a partner, I decided to think about the perfect partner to make sure that I get a good score from the practical.

Who could I choose?
Who can I trust with this kind of stuff?

"Arif?!" A voice mentions, interrupting my thoughts from behind.

The voice is recognizable, so I turn back to see who it is.

It happens to be Oliver, he wears a frightened look like he saw a ghost.

"What are you doing here?" He whispers to me with a confused look.

I chortle with a raised eyebrow, "Surprised to see me, Bruv?"

"Subhanallah, I'm so happy to see you here!"

"Well, don't be too excited, Oliver." I say while taking a step backward. "I'm about to leave anyway."

"Wait, besides why are you even in school?" Oliver inquires with his hands on his thigh.