Chapter Twenty-Eight🌻

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious and Most Merciful, the twenty-eighth chapter of the story begins, please do enjoy it.
Good luck!

Taliha's POV:Still on the call, my gaze was on mum as she listened to the sound from the phone speaker

Taliha's POV:
Still on the call, my gaze was on mum as she listened to the sound from the phone speaker. After a while, she sighs removing the phone from her ear. I asked.

"What happened, mum?"

"Father's phone is ringing but he isn't picking up."

What?! Oh please grandfather, don't do this to me!

I cried softly inside of me, I wasn't happy after hearing mum's statement. I needed to speak to him at all cost. We were mute for a while, then mum faces me. She saw my sad look, she knew that I wasn't pleased with it, so she placed her hand onto my shoulder, "Dear...."

I looked at her slightly disappointed, then she continues, "Don't be sad now, father will call back after seeing the missed call."

She could be right though....

I decided to cheer up after thinking about mum's statement logically. Then she says.

"Have you eaten yet?"

"Well, no mum."

Her eyebrows furrowed. "Why?"

"I was sleeping mum after praying Zuhr, I just woke up."

"And Asri? Have you prayed Asri yet?"

"Not yet...."

She stands up before moving her index finger vertically, "Alright...."

I sighed instantly after seeing her gesture, she always does it when trying to command me. ".....Get up now and head to the bathroom."

I mumbled, "Yes mum."

I stood up slowly and she folds her arms with a stern look at me, then I plodded away to the bathroom as instructed. Before I opened the bathroom door, my mum uttered loudly to get my attention.

"When you are done praying, meet me downstairs. I will tell Mrs Lilian to cook a meal right now before you come."

"What about roasted beef for lunch?" I suggested while turning to face her.

"Roasted beef?"

The way mum said it made me think that she wasn't happy with the idea, but I was craving for it. "Uh-huh." I nodded.

"Alright."

Wait, did mum just agree to it?

I looked at her for a while and I noticed that she was beaming a smile at me, it seemed that she was okay with it.

"Are you sure?" I said with a raised eyebrow and she nodded while taking a few steps to the door, "Yes, why not?"

"Alright then, I will be downstairs soon."