Chapter Five🌻

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious and Most Merciful, the fifth chapter of the story begins, please do enjoy it.
Good luck!

Taliha's POV:It's another day in school, and my mom will drop me off---as usual

Taliha's POV:
It's another day in school, and my mom will drop me off---as usual.

As a student, I would have to go to class on weekdays.

Fortunately...little by little, I am starting to understand how things are done in my school.

Due to my ability to master things, I could predict and handle my activities in school without much tension.

Although, I wanted no social or friendly talk with people.

I was relying on Allah for everything. And yes, I was gradually getting comfortable with the school.

With my headphones playing some calming recitals, I walk unhurriedly around the school environment.

Then I plunged out my phone to change the verse that I was listening to.

I always listen to some Quranic verses by Abdur-Rahman As-Sudais. He is my favorite reciter so far.

My mum constantly played his recitations for me to listen when I needed an escape from boredom and disturbing noises.

And yes---it always kept me calm and relaxed.

Initially, my mum bought the headphones when I was nine years old.

The memories occupied my mind and I was drawn to my past.

I remembered when she entered my room and saw me seated at a corner. I was cringing and my ears were covered with my hands. There was a feast at the sitting room downstairs, organized by my family---the relatives also showed up.

But I couldn't bear to listen to the loudspeaker. So, I fled to my room---the safest place I knew.

My mum was aware of how much I hated noises, especially people.

They always irritated me.

"Hey, dear." She whispered before crouching next to me.

After noticing her shadow, I raised my head to face her---in disarray.

Then she hung up a box for me to see, and my attention was drawn to it.

"Look, this is a headphone set."

Instantly, I lowered my gaze to it with full attention. I didn't say a word or comment to appreciate the gift. But I also couldn't resist my desire for it. Then her eyebrows furrowed with a confused grin before raising a question.

"So, do you like it?"

Yet, I remained mute---I was quiet like I had no vocals. Then she handled the large box to me and aided me to unpack it.

It was something that a five-year-old could do.

However, I needed my mum for most of my sensory receptions. Afterward, she placed the headphones on my ears.