Chapter Sixty-Six🌻

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious and Most Merciful, the Sixty-sixth chapter of the story begins, please do enjoy it.
Good luck!

Taliha's POV:
After turning off the shower tap, I step out of my bathroom in a loosed linen gown with my head wrapped in a towel.

With a sigh, my eyes sight the bag and clothes I dumped after returning from school. Hurriedly, I pick each of them to restore the tidy room it once was and place them neatly into the drawer. Perhaps, Mum's constant cleaning routine is gradually becoming a part of my character. 

After tidying up, I find myself drawn to the large window that overlooks Arif's house. It has become somewhat of a ritual for me to steal glances in his direction, hoping to catch a glimpse of him.

However, lately, there has been an unsettling silence surrounding him. Ever since that day, I spotted him at the library a few weeks ago, our paths seem to have diverged, leaving me in a state of confusion and concern.

The absence of his familiar face in the hallways of our school is starting to weigh heavily on my mind. I find myself constantly wondering where he could be, what could be keeping him away.

It's as if a missing puzzle piece has left a void in my daily routine, leaving me feeling incomplete and unsettled.

Lost in my thoughts, I am startled by a sudden knock on my bedroom door. Before I can even respond, the door swings open and Tiffany, my bubbly best friend, enters with her trademark grin. However, her infectious smile quickly fades as she notices my absentminded state.

Before I notice her, she gasps and gives me a bewildered look. "Taliha."

After seeing her character, my mind snaps back to reality, but I remain silent, even though I'm glad to see her. "Hey, can you finally see me?" She asked, wide-eyed.

I immediately jerk looking surprised and Tiffany applauds enthusiastically as she walks away from me. "Wow, I have finally brought you back to reality.

Grasping my chest, I struggle to contain my anger for triggering my panic attack. Maybe throwing her in my closet is an alternative for revenge. Finally, with a deep breath, I choose peace because I am committed to nonviolence. It's still hard for me to express my reaction to her unexpected appearance. Honestly, I'm glad she visited us again.

"Tiffany, you startled me."

Tiffany gapes with excitement, "I know, right."

"Well." Tiffany continued while my mind remained blank, "I apologize for interrupting your thoughts but you didn't hear me calling you."

"You called me?"

I asked skeptically with a stoned facial expression and Tiffany was baffled.

"B-but I did, a few minutes ago."

I'm silent again, trying to analyze what she's saying until she interrupts me to avoid stress.

"It doesn't matter, Tal."

"Except." She added before landing on my bed as I looked away, hands clasped. "You don't look well, Tal. You look pale.

"Pale?

"Yes, are you sick or are you stressed  with schoolwork?"

"Kinda." I nodded blankly. 

At least I can calm her inquisitive mind. 

"Well, I understand your pain. As a nerd, it's a usual thing for you unlike me who can't open a page of a book without a banging headache."

After lying on my bed for a while, she gets up and looks at me curiously. "I noticed something while walking here today."