Chapter Fifty🌻

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious and Most Merciful, the Fifteenth chapter of the story begins, please do enjoy it.
Good luck!

Taliha's POV:
It's a weekend, and I was expected to spend my days resting or studying...as always. I never expected that I would have a visitor that day.

"Page 107..."

I mumbled with a faint voice as I turned to another page of my large chemistry textbook. I was seated in my room, on my desk. I kept my laptop close to the cluster of books on the desk. I had been reading and studying some examples in the book, and I was already drained from reading all the tiny texts on each page. It took some minutes before I finally laid my head on my desk.

Alhamdulilah...

Four hours of studying felt like a million years.

I closed my eyes tightly, trying to recover my consciousness. I didn't want to sit up or continue reading. All I needed was a period to rest and relax. But when I realized that I needed a glass of juice, I had to go downstairs.

As I walked down the stairs, I started hearing some disputes echoing from the front door. It drew my attention, so I had to stop at the last stair. Suddenly, the door opened and Mrs. Lillian walked into the house with Tiffany following her from behind. I was surprised to see her, I mean why would Tiffany visit me today?

Tiffany only visits me when she is on vacation, during her holiday periods after exams.

"Mum!" Tiffany called out in a rush before Mrs. Lilian could walk further, then Mrs. Lillian stopped.

I was watching them from a corner as Tiffany walked in front of Mrs. Lilian, they didn't notice my presence in the room.

"Please understand me, my life depends on it."

"You can ask Johanna to do it for you, so meet her at home instead."

Johanna? I have no idea who she is...

After I remembered the reason I came downstairs, I had to leave them behind and focus on that instead. As I turned away from them quietly and took a step forward, then someone called my name.

"Taliha!"

I froze instantly, a person calling my name was the last thing I ever wanted.

Who called me just now?...

The next minute, Tiffany walked to me while Mrs. Lilian stared at us. As she stood in front of me, I rolled my eyeballs. I wished I could show my displeasure after seeing her but I held an emotionless face.

"I am so glad to see you again, Taliha."

She said with a grin but I wasn't really excited to see her. I had other things to do soon, so me giving her my attention would be impossible.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"Me?" Tiffany mentioned with her eyebrows furrowed. Wherever she saw me, she was always incited like I was her stimulator.

When I gave Mrs. Lilian a corner eye, the expression on her face could tell that Tiffany was pissing her off.

"I came to see you Taliha..."

I was still surprised that she came to see me tod---

"I know..." Tiffany added, interrupting my thoughts. "...that you are surprised to see me here but I am here for a reason."

"A reason? What is it?"

I was curious to find out what she wants.

"Well, the thing is, I have a maths quiz tomorrow so I need to prepare hard for it. Could you help me to study?"