CHAPTER 93: RABID

Minutes turned into hours. No one has been able to find Bella. Thankfully the storm has subsided so that everyone could try and find her easier.

Peter, Derek and the McCall pack searched the area surrounding where the Hale house once stood and she was nowhere to be found. The rain had masked her scent, which made it harder to track her.

But while he didn't show it, Peter was scared. He was scared for his young daughter. She was out there alone and scared and most possibly very confused. No one knew what the outcome of being shot in the head with a wolfsbane bullet and surviving it would be. So far, Peter didn't like it and was determined to find her no matter what.

"How are we supposed to find her if the rain washed the scent away?" Liam asked Scott

Scott didn't have an answer.

"You'd be able to pick up the scent of emotions." Derek said "Not the scent of the one you're trying to find."

Liam nods in understanding.

The woods were dark, although the bright moon peeking through the dark clouds illuminated them enough to gleam shapes, turning everything eerie. Aided by her werewolf vision, Bella followed a path that many would consider spooky due to the shapes of the trees in it.

A few miles away, she managed to find a wolf den and hid inside of it. She was scared and confused. Her memory was blank. She couldn't even recall her name or who she was or where she was. Her heightened senses frightened her. All of her emotions had spilled out.

She clutched her knees to her chest and sobbed as flashes of images appeared in her head. The images had frightened her. Were they memories? She did not know. Right now, she was alone, cold and full of emotions.

Malia and Stiles continued walking ahead in one direction

"We're never gonna find her." Malia whined

Stiles then looks around "She's got to be around here somewhere. She can't have gotten far."

"You can't just poke around and expect to find a injured werewolf" Malia said

"You might if you looked hard enough."

Then noises in the distance were heard and Malia turned around quickly to the direction it was coming from. It sounded like someone crying. Her face was now filled with worry.

Stiles frowned "What?"

"Something...I sense that someone is nearby but I can't smell anything." Malia started walking towards the direction of the sounds

"Oh, okay, we're just gonna..go ahead towards..." Stiles followed Malia.

After walking several feet, Malia stopped dead in her tracks.

"What?"

"Shh!" Malia shushed Stiles as she picked up a scent up ahead. "I think she's near."

Elsewhere, Peter and Derek were working together to try and find her.  Peter was getting frustrated. He couldn't even track her by scent and he couldn't pick up any strong emotions other than Derek's sense of worry.

"Mask your scent, Derek. I can't concentrate." Peter said

"Maybe you should mask  yours." Derek argued back "We are both giving off a scent of worry."

"It's not making it any easier."

Just then. Derek's phone went off. He saw it was Stiles calling. "What is it, Stiles?"

"Derek, I think we got something. Malia got a scent. She's pretty sure Bella is near where we are"

Derek looked at Peter "On our way."