"No Leona , he just needed to be taught a lesson." She quiet downs in the back and I adjust my seat in attempt to relax .

The radio plays in the background the rest of the way home, I drop her off in the driveway and watched as she enters the mansion before leaving .

"Are you okay?" I hear her ask

"Im fine amore , are you ?"

She nods her head not letting go of my hand once, she was really attached and as was I . I could barely go a day without not seeing my wife . It's crazy what love does to you

We come upon traffic and it looks like we'll be stuck here a while so I lean back in my seat .
"You look beautiful today."

"Thankyou, and we're are you taking us ?"

"It's a surprise."

Nonna had called me the other day just to check up on Anya , she didn't even ask if I was okay . She insists on seeing her before she gives birth but I don't think her being on a plane is a great idea .

"How do you feel about going back to Italy Tesoro ?"

"I mean I wouldn't mind, but pregnant what if something happens?"

"Yeah I understand , but nonna wants to see you before Elijah's born ."

"Can she just not come America ?" She asks curiously.

"She's afraid of heights , she's always lived in Italy ." I respond and her eyes widen , I guess she never knew that until today , it wasn't just because she was afraid of heights . Ever since my grandfather passed she doesn't like the thought of leaving him alone , those were her exact words.

"We could try but if my water breaks it's on you ."

She just turned six months today and Christmas was in a few weeks so i figured we'd visit nonnas then . This time I'd have to bring Alex and Leona since they haven't seen their grandmother in a few years .

"I will take all responsibility if you deliver our son up in the clouds ." Anya laughs at my joke reminding me what chaos it would cause if she did .

"you'll be okay, your strong ."

***
We finally arrived at the destination and I had Anya blindfolded , I wanted this to be special for us as I hadn't had the time to take her out .

I had taken her to the beach along the coast of LA , it was set out just how I planned it , Anya loved roses so that's exactly what I'd got for her .

"Enzo?"

"Just keep walking ." I say holding both her hands as I walk her towards the beach . The cool breeze skims past us and her blue dress blows up . "Flashing me already? Damn."

She laughs and I let go off her hands allowing her to untie the blindfold , she looks around and I watch as her eyes lighten . You could see the reflection of the candles in her almond eyes.

There it is again that smile .

"This is amazing,."

There was nothing more comforting than seeing my wife happy . It felt like an accomplishment. I'm pretty sure her happiness was important than mine .

"You got my crackers !" She exclaims pointing to the cheese board I had laid out . She had strange cravings one of them being crackers with cream cheese . 

"I had to , you were going mad without them ." I reply and she runs past me towards the picnic . I follow after her and she's already sat down pulling me right beside her.

"Baby this is gonna sound crazy but I used to imagine myself having Stockholm, and now I'm married to a don ." She threw a grape into her mouth bringing one towards my lips . I politely decline and she frowns

"Life is full of surprises amore ."

"Yeah it is."

My eyes dart towards the scar she had on her back , it was visible because of the dress she wore had thin straps. Anya found it hard to talk about what happened as it was one of her worst experiences with her father .

How could someone do that

I've never felt so much empathy for someone until I met her, I mean our lives were pretty much alike both our dads loved inflicting pain upon us . I think that's why we bonded so quickly .

When she first revealed to me her scars and bruises I wanted to kill that man , despite me barley knowing Anya at the time .

I place a kiss on her shoulder and she slightly shivers . "it's okay." I whisper

"You know I don't like it when you kiss me there baby." She says turning around so she's now facing me . I apologize and she gives me a small frown.

"Why did you never leave?" I don't think I've ever had the chance to ask her that question.

"the truth is I was scared of being alone , I barely had anyone growing up and they were my only family even though they treated me like shit ."

"I would prefer being alone than being with people who wanted to hurt me ."

"We'll I guess I'm different." She says and I nod in agreement .

"You don't have to ever be scared of being alone because your stuck with me forever."

***

End of chapter