Rocky Road ~ Moose Moose

Another Dog Sickfic

------

📍 The dog park

Michael's Pov:

I love on our days off we can just spend time together with our pets, going on walks, enjoy the fresh air...

"I stepped in dog shit!" Ashton grumbles as he wipes his shoe on a pile of leaves. I roll my eyes and sigh and let Moose and Southy off their leads so they can run around and sniff other dog assholes.

"Not again, Ash!" Luke teases him as he walks Petunia down by his side.

"Ashton smells like poo!" Calum laughs much to Ashton's embarrassment, but I pass Ash a wet wipe for his shoe and grab a bag from my pocket.

"Some owners need to learn to pick up their dog's caca!" I huff as I take on the role of good citizen and bag up the waste.

Moose, Southy, Duke and Petunia were the cutest group of pups around! They were all so curious and playful and kind towards other dogs.

"Aww, Ash if you aren't getting puppy fever right now then I am convinced you don't have a heart!" Luke cooed all soppy but I agreed with him.

Even when our dogs play fight there is no biting, just rolling over each other, so cute and so fluffy.

"I'm going to get a dog eventually, I just haven't had the time. I'll just dog sit your pets instead." Ashton said as he breaks a stick off one of the trees which Duke wanted. Duke wanted that stick more than I want another slice of pizza!

"You want this, huh? You want it!" Ashton says as he outs on a puppy voice and waves the stick around, Duke dances around his legs and the other pups take interest in the stick.

"Now who's being soppy?" Calum giggled.

"I'm not made of stone!" Ashton defended his gooey state but I could see the excitement in the eyes of our dogs.

"Should we have a contest to see who has the fastest dog?" I suggested as I grabbed Moose and Southy's squishy balls to throw. I handed one to Ashton too because it wouldn't be fair to throw one with me good arm and one with the other. It needs to be fair!

"We can, but we all know that Duke is going to win." Calum said smuggly as he grabs Dukes ball from his pocket.

"I'll put money on Petunia coming last." Ashton said as he witnessed the pooch dramatically lie down on the grass and swallow some air!

"Hey! Don't be mean, she's super speedy. Aren't you, Tuney?" Luke says as he knelt down to give her chin scratches, Petunia closes her eyes and opened her mouth breathing deeply and sounding like a literal pig snorting.

"Alright Lads, get into position." I instigated as Moose is on her springy back legs with her eyes gazing on her ball.

"One your marks...get set...go!" I announced as I threw my ball into a different dimension as did everyone else. We watched as the pups ran in a line towards their balls and we waited for them to be returned.

Southy arrived first with the ball in his mouth and he dropped it by Ashton's feet.

"Yeah Boy! Give me five." He laughs as Southy holds out his diddy little paws which Ashton grabbed.

"Ashton's gone soft!" Luke chuckles but he didn't care.

Duke arrived next with his ball and was very happy about it but Calum felt a little embarrassed.

"You made me look like a fool, Duke!" Calum said, it was a joke, but he was definitely paying the price for being cocky.

I looked back towards where the doggies ran and I realised that I couldn't see Moose!