A Pox On Tour ~ Cake ft. One Direction

Context: 5sos supported One Direction during their Take Me Home tour.

----

Ashton, Michael and the One Direction boys waited anxiously outside the 5sos dressing room.

A post-it note labelled 'Sick Room' was stuck on the door and strict instructions not to go in until further notice.

"I hope Luke and Cal are ok." Mikey said as he bit his nails in anticipation.

The pair had been feeling a bit fragile and not themselves, early signs of impending illness, so once they got to the venue they got the medic to check them out.

"It might be smart to start working out a new arrangement for tonight. Just incase." Liam thought, Ashton thought it was a good idea.

"Let's hope they don't need to, though. It wouldn't be the same without them. No one wants 2.5 Seconds of Summer!" Niall said, making a little joke to lighten the mood.

But the mood wasn't lightened in the slightest.

Everyone looked up, like a group of meerkats, as they heard the door open.

"They'll be okay for the show tonight, just a couple of low-grade fevers." The medic told them.

The boys wasted no time in rushing to the aid of their fallen brothers on the couches.

"Are you feeling OK, Lukey?" Ashton asked as he pulled the head of their youngest into his lap, stroking his hair. Luke shook his head slowly and curled up into a little ball.

"I'll be fine, though." He muttered sadly, shivering a little.

Both boys felt quite poorly, not poorly enough to get out of the show though, they could push their aches to the side and pull through.

"Me and Ashton will join in with your solos, just incase you need to drop out, sound like a plan?" Michael explained, he thought about Liam's comment on arranging the set differently and this seemed to be a good idea.

"Good shout." Calum yawned as he rubbed his temple as he had quite the sore head.

"Ugh I don't feel good." Cal whined as he forced himself to sit up to take a drink of water.

The medic had advised them to keep hydrated before they go on stage, avoiding any fainters.

"I'm so sorry guys." Ashton said sympathetically, he felt so bad that they had to perform not feeling their best.

"I wish we were ill with you so you didn't need to perform tonight." Michael piped up, he was honestly surprised that this illness hadn't spread to anyone else. Just the two youngsters.

"No you don't, it feels like shit." Luke said, he's definitely felt worse but the pressure of performing while sick was bad.

"Let's just get this show over with." Calum huffed, feeling guilty for even saying so.  He loved to perform and was grateful for this opportunity but tonight was just not the night to be merry.

Luckily, the show went better than expected.

Luke would occasionally need to pause to catch his breath so the boys would help pick up the solos, they also made sure the sick boys had a drink nearby.

The crowd was oblivious to the situation which felt like a relief to the band.

"You've been an amazing crowd, we've had an amazing time. Goodnight Everyone!" Harry told the crowd as the final bows started, the guys relaxed knowing they'd soon be in the privacy of the bus.

"Get home safely everyone!" Niall chimed in as everyone came together.

Ashton and Michael had sandwiched the sick pair in between then during the final huddle, One Direction where indeed the precious gems that needed to be protected.