Best Friend ~ Calum

Context: if you know the 5sos song Best Friend, mainly sung by Ashton, then you're all set.

'Even everytime that you got the flu, I'm not scared at all to get close to you. I don't run away when your face says "Achoo", but I run to get you a tissue'

And for this I gave them bunk beds x

-----

"Get away from me you giant Don't Stop!" Michael yelled as he ran from the living room to his bedroom where Ashton was trying to sleep with his headphones on.

Vibin on the bottom bunk.

But alas, he lived in a house with three other crazy dudes.

"Calum, please take your germs out of the living room right now!" Luke said as he made his own way back to his room.

Ashton slowly came to life as he felt the bed frame move as Michael plonked himself on the top bunk.

"Can't I just sleep in this house?" Ashton mumbled as he took off his headphones, conveniently to hear their youngest slamming the bedroom door.

"What in the actual fuck are you guys up to?" Ashton asked as he grabbed onto the edge of Michael's bunk to meet his eyes. The boy was lying on his front on his phone.

"Calum's sick." Mike answered not even looking up from his screen.

"Yeah?" Ashton asked, that was a bit vague.

"Yeah what?" Mikey replied in a typical teenage fashion.

Ashton rolled his eyes.

"What's wrong with him, Bubonic Plague? Or what, you and Luke look scared shitless right now." Ashton asked him.

"He sneezed the biggest sneeze of all time, like full on projectile snot sneeze, I'm fucking scarred for life." Michael told him.

"You could of just said he had a cold." Ashton said with disgust in his voice.

That was too much detail.

"I'll go check on him, seeing as you and Luke abandoned him!" Ashton said, giving Mike a hard stare.

Ashton made his way to the living room where Calum had cocooned himself in his blanket, his face was all pale and puffy except for his red nose, his mouth hung open to allow him to breathe.

"You alright, Cal? Mike said you're sick." Ashton said as he came and sat down next to him on the couch.

"Why do you care?" Calum mumbled, sounding very congested, and a little hurt.

"Because I'm your friend and I care about you. Sorry that our mates were being dicks." Ashton told him.

"Mhm fine." Calum sniffled.

"I think you're wrong." Ashton replied, especially after hearing about his massive snot sneeze.

"I swear I'm- Achoo!" Calum sneezed into the crook of his elbow, Ashton had to lean back.

"Aww Cal, let me get you some tissues." The older boy said as he turned on his big brother mode officially.

"Danks." Cal sniffled.

Ashton knew that they had a couple tissue boxes in the airing cupboard with some emergency toilet paper, some leftover from the first lockdown, I guess know they were coming in handy.

"Here you go mate." He said as he passed the younger boy the tissue box, he felt it close to his chest as he laid down.

"I did tell you that you need to stop wearing tank tops and basketball shorts during torrential rain storms." Ashton did remind him, as much as he felt bad for his sick friend he knew that he had it coming.