Vomit Festival ~ CALM ft. One Direction

Context: 5sso toured with 1D and I imagined a situation similar to this would of happened on the road.

Request by lincthebeardie

-----

It started with Michael.

Our four boys were preparing to open for One Direction to a wonderful audience of screaming fans which they could hear for miles approaching the venue itself.

However, Michael had a gut feeling something wasn't right. He hadn't eaten today because of a stomachache that had only gotten worse and he felt a little queasy as they warmed up.

Mike sat behind his guitar that was resting on his lap and rubbed his belly to try and feel better before their set but nothing was working.

"You good, Michael?" Calum said as he gave the boy a playful slap to the shoulder, Mike jumped from the shock which low-key made him feel like he would vomit but he kept it in.

"Y-Yeah, just zoned out." Michael said as he finally got up and headed to the wings of the stage.

Their entrance music started and the Aussie boys ran on stage with as much energy as they could muster to match their energetic crowd.

"Hi guys, we're The Wiggles!" Luke joked in an overly enhanced accent as the crowd laughed.

Calum did the 'beauty mate' finger guns at the audience.

Michael's head felt like it was going to explode and the nausea was only worsening with the noise from all sides of his body.

"Fruit Salad..." Ashton sang towards the crowd and aimed them the microphone.

"Yummy Yummy!" The crowd responded and it was magical...except for Michael.

"You people clearly had a good childhood, I like you guys. We're 5 Seconds of Summer, and if you'll allow us, we'd like to entertain you all tonight!" Luke said before their first song started.

Poor Michael felt terrible, at least shredding on his guitar took his mind off the nausea but the guitar kept knocking into his stomach which just made it hurt even more.

During the penultimate song of their set during the drum solo, Mike turned to Luke and Calum and leaned away from his microphone.

"I don't feel good!" Michael said as he motioned to his sore tummy, he knew he was going to spew, but it was only a matter of time.

The boys looked at each other and shrugged as they didn't know what to do whilst they were still on stage.

"Keep going!" Calum said back whilst Luke just gave him two thumbs up as encouragement. They felt guilty that they couldn't just stop and help him.

Their last song was underway and Mike was definitely struggling to keep the food inside of him, he was seconds away from tossing cookies on the stage like Pitch Perfect, he faced the back of the stage so the crowd couldn't see him struggle.

But Ashton could see Michael in a very panicked state as the boy gagged into his hand, flashed Ashton the 'help me' puppy dog eyes and needed to get off the stage quickly.

Ashton got up from the drum kit with his microphone and ran towards Mikey, he tapped the boy on the shoulder and announced to the audience:

"Tag, you're it! Chase me." Ashton yelled into the microphone before running off the stage, Michael running close behind. Ash found a trash can and just handed it to Mike for him to throw up into.

Thank goodness for his quick thinking, it saved Mikey so much embarrassment

"They've just turned seven!" Calum told the crowd as he tried to mask his concerns by laughing off that swift exit.