I Understand Periods ~ Lauren

Context: Ashton has a younger sister, Lauren, who is 7 years younger than him.

In this one, Ash is 23 and Lauren is 16.

-----

Ashton's Pov:

Even at my young age I've been fortunate enough to travel the world and play my music but there's no better feeling than coming back to the family home.

I missed my Mum and my little brother and sister very much, almost as much as my childhood bedroom.

I had arrived back in the motherland of Australia just last night for a couple weeks off and was looking forward to quality family time, I mean my siblings still had school but I planned to make the most of our evenings together.

"Cereal tastes so much better here, I can't describe it." I sighed happily as I munched my cornflakes, I even had a slice of vegemite toast to celebrate my return.

Harry was waiting for Mum to be ready for work so he could grab a ride to school and I presumed that Lauren had made her own way to her High School as it would have started by now.

"Do you mind picking up Harry from school today, I have a meeting after work." Mum asked me, I had no plans.

"No wukkas, should I pick up Lauren whilst I'm at it?" I offered as I grabbed my phone ready to text her.

"Oh um...Lauren isn't at school today, Sweetie. She's upstairs in her room." Mum told me, I didn't even realise, she had been so quiet.

"Is she okay, is she sick?" I asked worriedly, Mum looked to Harry and bit her lip.

"She has her monthly." Mum whispered, not very well though.

"Lauren's on her period!" Harry just stated loudly, Mum gave him a shoulder slap which he didn't appreciate.

"Ugh ow?" Harry said as he rubbed his shoulder in pain, I knew that he wasn't in that much pain, just being dramatic as per usual.

"She's got quite bad period pain so she's just going to rest here, is that alright?" Mum asked me.

"Why are you asking me? It's your house. I'm fine with that. Do you want me to look after her or...?" I asked, I wanted to make myself useful but obviously I haven't been around much to know the drills with Lauren and her monthly struggles.

"I mean, she doesn't necessarily need looking after, she's had this for a while now. But just make sure she's comfortable." Mum told me.

That made sense.

"Okey dokie, have a good day Harry. You too Mum." I said as I waved the pair off to their respective jobs and school.

"See you this evening, thanks Ashton." Mum said before leaving the house with my brother.

It was sad to hear that Lauren was in pain, I obviously wasn't kept in the loop of Lauren and her menstrual cycle because that's not for me to know but she's never complained about the pain before. At least not to me.

But I wanted to help.

I knew she liked herbal tea so I quickly made her a brew and decided to take it up to her room, I silently made my way along the landing and gently knocked on the door.

"Loz?" I said softly, perhaps she was asleep.

"Come in." I heard a weak, soft sounding voice from the other side of the door.

I let myself in and saw her lying on her side with a heating pad against her lower stomach, her eyes were red and tired as if she hadn't slept in days, poor thing.

5SOS Sickfics जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें