The Sound Of Silence ~ Calum

Not really any context necessary tbh so you guys just enjoy x

BTW, please request stuff as I have ideas that are mainly for Luke as I am a Luke girl but that's probably really boring for all you guys so don't hesitate!

-----

📍24 Hour Diner, The Middle Of Nowhere, United States of America

"Can we get three Quadruple Mother-Trucker Bacon Chilli Dogs....and a small bowl of tomato soup please?" Ashton asked the waitress, Calum dropped his head in embarrassment and huffed a great huff.

"Sure thing, Hun." She said before walking off to the kitchen but the eyes at the table were on Calum.

"We told you not to go so hard during Wildflower, especially with a cold." Luke told the sad sick boy sat in front of them.

Calum insisted on singing all of Wildflower and powering through his sore throat but looks like the jokes on him as he now had no voice whatsoever and couldn't even fight back at Luke for saying 'Told you so' because he would have said some choice words!

And as much as he wanted to eat the awesome looking food he knew that he couldn't eat it without pain so tomato soup it is. But Calum didn't complain too much as he wasn't feeling too well and tomato soup actually sounded delicious but it wasn't as extravagant as a Mother-Trucker chilli dog.

"Order up!"

Michael gasped.

"It's beautiful!" He said almost getting emotional at the sight of his meal, it was huge, it looked messy, it was just what he wanted after a show.

"And here's your soup." The waitress said unenthusiasticly as she placed the bowl in front of Calum.

Served with warm crustless bread.

"Should I cut it into soldiers?" Ashton said as he looked at Calum's pitiful looking meal and sad looking bread.

Was it sad that Calum was excited to have soup?

The boy shook his head and took his bread to dip in his soup and it actually tasted glorious to his sick palette because he could taste the basil through his stuffy nose. At least there were no sharp edges of food to hurt his throat even more. The soup itself was nice and flavoursome and warm which felt nice going down.

It gave Calum a nice warm comforting feeling in his tummy.

His nose on the other hand?

"Ah-...Aah-...AahChoo!" Calum sneezed, very loudly, into the crook of his elbow but it was one of those spraying sneezes that got snot everywhere.

"Eww...not my onion rings!" Luke pouted as he mourned the loss of his side dish that was unfortunately contaminated with Calum's mucus.

"Sorry Luke." Calum croaked out, almost inaudible, before coughing into a napkin to avoid contaminating anyone else's dinner.

"Sh-sh-sh, Cal. You're on vocal rest." Ashton reminded him before he causes anymore damage to his voice.

"It's not your fault, Calum. You can't help that you're sick but just use a tissue next time." Luke said as he moved his onion rings in front of Calum.

"But you can eat these if you want seeing as you christened them." Luke laughed, at least he wasn't mad.

"Here Luke, have my onion rings. You know how I feel about onions!" Michael said as he traded his side dish.

Michael had a personal vendetta against onions for some reason.

"Thanks Michael." Luke said happily as he kept munching away.