Ears for Fears ~ Luke

Context: in this fic, we travel to the future where Luke and Sierra are married

Requested by @VictoriaVanorden2

-------

Luke's Pov:

I've tried everything!

I was doing cartwheels, shaking my head from side to side, jumping up and down, poking at it with my fingers but nothing was getting rid of water trapped in my ear.

"Luke, why are you doing a handstand?" Sierra giggled as she walked into my home studio to bring me a coffee but instead if working like I initially planned to do I was doing gymnastics.

"One of my ears is clogged with water." I told her as I lowered myself down against the wall and ending up lying on my back, Petunia hovered over me and licked the inside of my nose.

"Get outta there, Tuney!" I grimaced as I stood up, her breath stunk.

"Did you get it out?" She asked me, I tilted my head to the side and could feel movement but nothing came out.

"No." I huffed, it was just annoying.

"Try not to think about it, Lu." Sierra said as she just pulled me in for a hug, I wrapped my arms around her and leaned my head on her shoulder.

"I won't, it's not actually that bad." I told her before kissing the top of her head.

"Well, this song isn't going to write itself so I better get back to it. Thanks for the coffee, Thao. I love you." I thanked her before getting back to my desk.

"Love you too, Luke." She said before heading downstairs to finish some work of her own.

I forgot about the clogged watery feeling for a while because it could have been worse.

I could of had an ear infection, they suck ass! I had one when I was little and I hated it with a passion so I hope I never have to go through that again.

⏰The Next Morning⏰

It got worse!

My ear felt really achey and it hurt to sleep on it, I rolled over in bed onto my other side to take the pressure off. I felt a little cold so I pulled the blanket tighter around my shoulders as I shivered a bit.

"Luke?" I heard a muffled noise from next to me, I couldn't make it out.

"Luke!" Sierra said, I could hear her voice now she was talking a little louder than natural. I opened my eyes and saw her lying awake next to me.

"Hi Baby." I say all groggy as I just woke up, but I didn't quite feel like myself.

"Is your ear still clogged? I was calling your name for a while." She asked me as she ran her hand through my hair.

"Uh huh." I said sadly, even though I wasn't lying on it still hurt, I covered it with my hand and just wanted to rip it off!

"It hurts now too." I told her, cuddling into her as I shivered again.