Chapter 3

The young man, who always wielded a firm attitude, suddenly agreed and let himself go along with the flow. That left the thick faced Qin Yuyang somewhat puzzled and embarrassed.

He was indeed selfish, but he knew he could adapt himself to this world in a few days.

"Thank you." As for an apology, it was useless to say it now. Qin Yuyang thought it was more practical to help Su Ranqiu improve his life instead.

Soon, the bus came over and Su Ranqiu followed behind the crowd to squeeze inside, his movements weren't too sharp.

Qin Yuyang protected him with both hands, his fierce behavior was seen by several old people. However, he didn't move a muscle until Su Ranqiu got on safely.

Under the driver's gaze, Su Ranqiu stuffed two coins to pay for himself into the cash box.

Qin – penniless – Yuyang, found the driver staring at him. He smiled and nodded, feeling nothing amiss.

Once everyone was seated, Su Ranqiu looked at the young man beside him in a subdued manner. Could this be the man's real face?

How could the driver pretend that he didn't see anything and ignore him?

"Xiao-Qiu, are you a local here?" Qin Yuyang gazed at the scenery passing by the window and had an intuition that this was Sijiu city; so familiar yet so strange.

"No," Su Ranqiu replied stiffly.

"Huh? Where are you from then? Are you a Southerner?" Qin Yuyang looked at him and found that the boy was very thin, only about five foot nine (175 cm) in height. His face was small with clear features and beautiful eyes; he had a pure appearance.

If it wasn't for the frightening handprint on the left side of his face, he'd have been a good looking beauty.

"No," Su Ranqiu continued to reply with a stiff tone.

"So... where's your hometown?" Before Qin Yuyang could find out, his handsome cheek hit the back of the seat in front of him due to a sudden halt.

Su Ranqiu glanced at the man who was currently bent over, crying out in pain and suddenly, he showed a happy expression.

After the collision, Qin Yuyang stopped questioning Su Ranqiu and kept an eye on his personal safety.

"We're here, get off the bus." Su Ranqiu was very grateful to the bus driver for his beautiful, sharp brake which shut Qin Yuyang up for the rest of the way.

"Do you live in this neighborhood?" Qin Yuyang checked out the small district in front of him and his first thought was that it was quite small.

"No." Su Ranqiu turned into the side alley and walked for five minutes along an old stone-slab road before finally stopping in front of an old community building. He then used his key to open the first sliding iron door and then the second wooden door.

It was a dimly lit, 20 square meter room that only had one window.

Su Ranqiu had divided the room with a curtain; there was a bed on the inner side and a dining table on the outer side.

A small kitchen and bathroom were on the left, connected together. If someone wanted to take a dump, they'd have to leave the room and use the two public toilets in the corridor instead.

"Come in." Su Ranqiu took the initiative to invite Qin Yuyang in.

He was stunned at the beginning, but then swaggered in and started looking around Su Ranqiu's residence.

Su Ranqiu waited for Qin Yuyang to say something, but in the end, the other party didn't utter a single word so he sat down and began taking off his shoes...