chapter 54

The familiar scent of his cologne filled the atmosphere and i quickly wiped the tears away.

He placed his hands around my waist and spun me around so I could face him.

I kept my head low to avoid his gaze but he raised it up so I could look in them.

"You don't have to hide your tears from me diamante, i know you are hurting but trust me when I say she'll come back to her senses" he spoke softly while caressing my cheeks with his thumbs.

"I did everything for them Javier, all I did was to protect them from the evil world"

I whispered in a pain filled voice and he smiled.

"José felt that way too but I made him realize all I did was for his own good by letting him face the trouble on his own"

I raised a brow in confusion.

"So I just watch her be in danger to prove a point?" He chuckled and shook his head.

"Not literally; Let them live Aurora, let them face life, you guarded them too much and that's why they ended up with this mindset.

If you had let them live life a bit I bet Matilda would have realized what you were protecting them from because what you protected from never came their way as they were hidden behind your shadow.

Remember when she thought josé betrayed her, she almost changed for the worse and she also realized what you meant by 'do not trust anyone and always suspect everyone that crosses your way'.

After what happened she understood what you were protecting her from and I know your sisters will be able to handle any situation with or without you because they were trained by the best"

His soothing words were able to calm my stormy heart.

Till today I wonder how he gets to put his thoughts together to produce such beautiful and encouraging words.

"It's so awkward seeing you cry" he teased pulling my cheeks which made me glare at him causing him to chuckle.

"Now that's the tigress I know" he smiled and placed a kiss on my lips making me smile against his lips on mine.

~~~~~

I went to the training room and stood at the door watching them.

She was doing really great and she's also a very quick learner and skilled in martial arts.

After school she does her assignment and immediately comes for training, she takes a break where she has to study for an hour then have little snacks then back to training and then dinner then another training session till 10:50pm

Thereafter she freshens up and retire to bed at 11pm. I make sure this schedule  is strictly followed in order to avoid extra and unimportant activity.

She's thirteen already which makes it easier for us to train her.

Some people may say she's till too young for this but for me I think i started her training late.

Arturo whispered something in her ears and she nodded walking over to me.

She threw a punch at my stomach making me hunch over at the sudden pain.

"Well that hurt bitch" I hissed out and i looked up to find her smirking.

Arturo gave a look that said I should let her.

"I see you want to fight, c'mon let's see what you got".

I love the smirk that appeared on her lips and the look of excitement that clung to her face as she took up the challenge