chapter 36

Vida's POV
Everything looked familiar but I couldn't just remember where I had seen....
"We'll be together forever Vida, no one can separate our bond".

The familiar statement sang in my ears, it sounded like something Renzo said but I knew it wasn't him. I never had any other lover except from him, so who could it be?

I kept staring at the accessories on the floor trying hard to remember but nothing.

I sighed giving up on trying to remember.
"I'm sorry but I can't remember anything, all..."Wow Vida this necklace is pretty how'd you get it" the sudden memory played in my head.

"M...mariã" i whispered and everyone stared at me shocked.

"Mariã?" Claudia repeated. "Yes detective i remember now, mariã and I were the only ones in balingasay who had this necklace cause it was customize by me as a symbol of our best friendship". I was able to pull the dots together.

But mariã can't do this, we were best friends.

"Did you say mariã ma'am?" The detective asked to confirm and I nodded his other partner taking note of what I had just said in his note pad.

"Do you remember her last name?" "Uhm, Mariã Baobara" he nodded and wrote the information down.

"Do you perhaps have any picture of her or maybe a description that can help us find her?"

"She's not full Asian, she is an american and filipino mixed. She had a mid back length hair and it was a light brown in color and then she was slender, that's all I can remember".

"Ok ma'am, it will be difficult searching for her because it's been eighteen years since the incident, then you two were just teenagers and as humans we all grow so changes may have occurred but thanks for your time ma'am we'll try our best with the little information you provided" he nodded to his partners and they left.

"Mariã Baobara" Claudia whispered while in deep thoughts causing me to look at her in confusion.

"You know her?"

Claudia's POV

"Mariã Baobara" I whispered. "You know her?" Vida asked confusion written all over her face.

"Arturo?" I called and he came forward. "Sì don". "Mariã?"

"I'm not sure they're the same people don, mariã bears carlou as her last name and the features described doesn't match hers".

"Sometimes I wonder if you've been working in the mafia, you really don't think at times and I wonder why. If she is actually the murderer don't you think she'll do anything to hide her identity so she won't be caught, you live in the underworld think smartly" I hissed out annoyed while glaring at him.

"Mi dispiace don"

"Don't apologize Arturo, I don't fucking need it, go out there and put the pieces together before things get out of hand".

He nodded and left and I decided to call mariã.

"Don?" Her voice rang through the phone. "You're needed" without another word I hung up.

*******

"Ardone case has been suspended for awhile because Vida withdrew the case however he is still detained because he is a suspect of the crime.

The detective visited us again after a week of their last visit and it was confirmed that Mariã Baobara was responsible for the death of Renzo and she's still alive and investigators from philippines are everywhere searching for her.