chapter 11

Claudia's pov

"Thank you sister" she whispered against my stomach, i didn't know how to react to the sudden gesture.

I hestitantly wrapped my hands around her body. She pulled away and i gave a ghosted smile cause i didn't know what to do.

The party began and i went up upstairs to watch everybody so i can avoid all teenagers that would try getting my attention besides such parties aren't for me.

I was so lost in thoughts that i didn't realize anyone's presence until i heard a voice.

"Claudia" a familiar soft voice brought me out of my thoughts. She was fiddling with her fingers which made me smile inwardly, cause it's funny how i won't harm them but they are so scared of me.

"What is it matilda, go ahead and say" I encouraged her.

"U....uhm thank you for this, I... I mean we really appreciate you for this... She swallowed and looked at me in the eyes..."c...can i hu.... I nodded not allowing her to complete her statement.

She threw her arms around my neck holding it tightly and I returned the hug letting her sob on my shoulders.

I unwrapped her hands from my neck and used my thumb to wipe her tears. I smiled at her and kissed her forehead letting my lips linger there for long.

"I love you claudia" I obviously couldn't reply to that but the biggest truth is that I love her more than she can imagine.
It was time for the cutting of cake and we went downstairs.

People sang for them and handed them the gifts they got for them, I handed their gifts to them and the joy on their face brought great satisfaction to my heart, thereafter I left heading to the garden not waiting for them to cut the cake.

*****

"Claudia" I turned and found Alfeiri walking towards me.

"I'm glad you did this for them" he said once he was standing close to me with his hands in his pockets.

"Hmm" I hummed in response. "You know this really mean so much to them, they wish they can see this side of you more often, why don't you grant them that wish".

I unfolded my arms and moved a bit further from him. "You know I can't do that Alfeiri.

I can't let what happened 8 years ago repeat itself and when it comes to my sisters I can't risk anything, i just can't, I'm scared of history Alfeiri". I poured my heart out to him, i appear strong to everyone out there but these people gioia and alfeiri, they've seen me in my darkest and weakest moment, I feel safe talking to them telling them about how I truly felt.

He held my arms and made me look at him. "We all went through that claudia but look at the brighter side, it made you who you are now, now you are able to protect yourself, sisters and your people claudia, you were not giving the opportunity to have a blissful life but your sisters have the opportunity why not give it to them and show them how much you truly love them, they need it".

Tears rolled down my eyes and i fell on his hard chest clutching his shirt, his scent easing my heart a bit.

"It's hard Alfieri, what you're asking me to do is really hard" he rubbed my back soothingly while I sobbed softly into his chest.

"I know and I understand Claudia but I am here to help you do this, what are bestfriends for" I hugged him tighter pouring all my emotion that I've bottled up for long into the hug.

We pulled away and we sat on the soft grass, staring at the stars, why my mind reminsced about what happened in the past causing my heart to tug in pain. We stayed out for long i didn't realize when i slept off on his shoulder.