chapter 26

Vida's POV

"Y....you are alive?" Surprise and fear lingering in his orbs as they held my cold gaze.

"B...b..but how.. "That's a story for another time, now tell me uncle why did you kill Renzo?" My voice stern and my gaze holding an emotion of expectancy.

"W...w..what are you talking about Vida, I didn't kill....I pulled him by his collar and smack my palm on his old face.

"That's not the answer old man and do not think of lying to me, I'm not the Vida of eighteen years ago, now answer the question why did you kill Renzo?"

"P...p...please believe me child I d..didn't kill him I promi..... My vision blurred in anger and I let rage control my actions.
I grabbed a bottle close by ready to bash it on his head but Rosa was quick to hold me back.

"Mom stop, y...you can't kill him yet you still have to get answers for what happened to you and dad".

I slowly released the bottle and it fell to the rocky ground crashing into pieces.
With shaky hands she pulled me into her embrace. "Senõr martin please take him away and lock him in the basement". She referred to my right hand man.

She held my hand and took us back to our underground house here in the philippines. I sat on the bed digging my fingers into my hair, tears of anger, sadness and pain raced down my cheeks.

"Here" she stretched her hand offering a glass of water. Without thinking I slapped her hands away causing it to fall and shatter into pieces. A soft sigh left her lips and she bent on a knee taking my hand in hers.

"Mom you've always taught me to be calm in situations like this, you told me one little mistake can ruin everything we've planned and worked hard for but you acted against your own words mom, if we didn't have a proper hold on him, the whole town would have known that you're alive and the table would have turned against us" she spoke softly.

"You really don't understand Rosa, it took a lot in me not to put a rifle in his useless brain, looking at him brought back old memories, memories that will haunt me as long as I live, memories of how they betrayed me and your dad".

I let the tears flow. "I wouldn't say I understand your pain mom but can you be calm, at least for father?" Her brows hung on her face, different emotions swimming in her pretty brown eyes and at that moment I lost it, I saw him display in her face, I wish you're alive Renzo to see the beauty our daughter has grown to be.

I should hate Rosa because she is a constant reminder of Renzo, i planned on aborting her when I was in prison before the fire incident but I didn't because of a friend I made in there who adviced me not to.

When she came into my life and those orbs stared into mine, when she smiled at me I knew I made the right decision to keep her, after all she is the symbol of our love and the only person who gave me hope when I lost all hope, she is the reason I decided to fight back, because of those people she didn't get meet her real father and I promise to kill every one of them involved in the death of Renzo.

I made Rosa grow faster than her age, I made her see the harsh reality of life at a young age, I was cold, wicked, harsh... You name it but I did all those things to brace her for the reality of what the world is, I did it to kill her naive spirit and build a strong woman in her who would be able to fight for herself and not let what happened to me happen to her.

I smiled in between tears and pulled her into a tight hug. "I'm sorry syota for not being the best mother".

She pulled away and held my hand tears glistening in her eyes, a warm smile playing on her lips.