chapter 22

Claudia's POV

"Signora Vida has been missing for the past few days" the sudden information caused me to abruptly stand up from my chair. "What?" I yelled into the phone.

"Yes don and there's no clue or trace on her where abouts" that means...... I clenched my palms and banged my fist on the table, anger seething in my veins.

"This isn't possible, Vida could not have betrayed me, she of all people can't do this" I whispered angrily to myself, I didn't want to believe it but if I find out it's true I'm sure as hell going to end her.

Unknown POV

I walked into my dark office and switched the lights on, their pictures hanging on the walls.

I stared at them until my eyes landed on her, I've really missed her but I can't just show myself yet, I have to bring eveyone down before stepping in as the new ruler of the underground world.

I'm sure once I explain to her she'll forgive me and things will eventually go back to how it use to be.

"Capo?" My right hand man called my attention and I hummed in response.
"300 dead bodies were delivered" he dropped the bomb and i turned swiftly at the sudden bone shocking news. "W..what?" I yelled making him flinch back.

"I'm quite sure it's javier Lombardi, the man is damn smart for his own good" I gritted out spitefully.

"By the way over to his company, did you destroy it?"

"C...capo the men we trusted and assigned to do it got caught by him and he killed them, their bodies were found among the 300 hundred bodies he delivered" I flung the vase on my table making it crash hopelessly on the wall.

"You all can't do simple things, get out of my office before I shoot you" I yelled angrily and he quickly left leaving me in the company of my rage and fury.

Javier Lombardi, Claudia marchessi this isn't over yet".

Claudia's POV

"What's going on Javier? Vida left all of a sudden, we're getting different threat texts from our enemies, we have a mysterious bug amongst us, we keep loosing the loyal ones to death, every day I get a dead body delivered to me and you're being calm about everything?"

I yelled angrily and frustrated while he sat freely on his chair with no definite emotion in those ever green orbs.

He half smiled and got up. "Did you ever wonder why you always lost to me Claudia?" His question irked me because this was not the moment to listen to his bullshit and I got ready to throw a punch his way but he gripped my wrist and placed his index on my lips.

"Did you ever bother to find out why I always won despite being betrayed and my plans exposed to my enemies?" Fuck I was really loosing my patience, this wasn't the reply I was looking for.

"I'll answer that for you diamante, it's because I let you get what you wanted" now that peeked my interest and I narrowed my eyes in confusion.

"What do you mean?" He smirked and held my arms staring straight into my eyes.

"Everyone has a plan to take me down which is quite obvious so all I do is wait for them to execute the plan and when I see where it's heading to that's when I strike.

I knew when my people sell me out, I knew but I let them because I'll be able to calculate the plans of my opposers and that's why baby I'm the smartest and most dangerous" he spoke with pride.

"So you're trying to say we should leave them to keep selling us out?" I raised a brow.

"Yes diamante, let's give them the satisfaction that they're winning and I'll give the green light on when we'll attack" his cold, dark voice was back.