chapter 45

~Claudia~

"Don we have to do something and we have to be fast, they're really suffering".

Arturo came in informing us about the situation of our people.

I sighed displeased by the news and i stood up from the couch pacing around.

"I know that Arturo but we can't do anything, whatever move we make may put their lives and ours in danger, do not forget we aren't working against a human"

Each day I get a report on how they're doing I can't help but feel a part of my heart being ripped apart.

I may had been the most ruthless and coldest leader towards them but at least I cared. They all had two simple rules which they had to follow in order to avoid my wrath which is to do your work properly and be loyal that was all. I never tortured them unnecessarily just the way that devil Lorenza Is doing.

"Still we can work with what we have" Renzo inputed causing all eyes to hit his direction.

"Like I said earlier that will be dangerous Renzo" Arturo shook his head in disagreement.

"I think Signor Renzo is right don, the more time we waste the more we keep losing some of them to death, I really can't stand this anymore don"

I understood where he was coming from, although I am the don Arturo was more like their junior boss who represented me, whatever they wanted they tell him to get to me or whatever information I had to pass to them I tell him, the both channels went through Arturo, so I'm sure he had a bond with them which is why he is so bothered.

I sighed in frustration and confusion messing with my brain.

My eyes fell on Javier for a solution but his expression gave away nothing.

They all left and it was just the both of us sitting there in silence.

I went and sat on the table in front of him, his elbow resting on the table caging me in between his hands as he stared at my belly with a blank look.

"We will attack tomorrow" he informed and i glared at him like he had lost his mind.

"Are you out of your mind Javier? We can't do that" I yelled in surprise.

He slouched on the chair and raked his fingers in his hair which I found hot but decided to put my feelings aside as this wasn't the right time for sex.

"Aurora if you enjoy seeing your people suffer, I'm sorry but I won't cower anymore, tomorrow we're attacking and that's final unless I say otherwise" his tone leaving no room for an argument.

He was about to walk away but I grabbed his arm.

"Javier listen to me, I know you're furious and you just want to save them. It doesn't make me feel good knowing that they're suffering when we can do something about it but as I said earlier, we aren't working against a human it's the devil herself so let's be patient, it's even possible that she suspects we're still alive"

He said nothing and turned to face the window while i stood behind him, my palm resting on his tensed muscle.

I bit my bottom lip as I thought of a plan to get rid of this woman once and for all, the woman who ruined my life and caused me pain for eight years.

I'm sure not going to end this without a bloody fight.

Enjoy while it lasts sister. I said inwardly

~Lorenza~

"Lorenza" the deep voice of dante woke me up from my thoughts and I turned to face him.

He walked in dressed in a dark blue suit, his black hair laying flat on his head making his facial feature clearer.

I blankly stared at him while twirling the big black ring on my finger.

Dante is my partner and has been my partner since I lost Francisco. He has been helping me with my plan of taking them down and now we are successful.

It was easy to work with him since he has a malicious feeling towards Javier so our feelings for the couple were mutual.

I settled on being just partners with him and nothing more because I didn't want to let what Francisco did to me repeat itself but that didn't mean we didn't have a sexual relationship, we have sex a lot.
"Is there a problem?" I asked with my eyes piercing into his as I waited for a reply.

He smirked cockily and tilted his head a bit. "So I need permission to come into your room?" I rolled my eyes and tore my gaze away from his face.

"Don't be around the bush dante, go straight to the point"

"Well I feel they're alive" he dropped his thoughts and i snapped my head to meet his gaze.

I lifted a brow In confusion as I thought about what he said.

"Why do you say so?" He stared for a while before deciding to speak up.

"Listen, Claudia and Javier are cunning people this might me one of their plans". He explained and I shook my head in disagreement.

"I don't think so dante, I watched them die in the flame and I don't think they survived"

I said remembering the day when I watched my dream come true.

"Did you see their faces?" I nodded in reply.

"I watched the video dante, i ordered spider to shoot them and set them ablaze, so I'm sure their ashes has been swallowed my the soil of the earth besides Claudia Marchessi isn't one to sit back and let her people suffer, if she was alive she'd have sent a signal or come to save them.

It's almost a year since they passed away, I don't think if they're alive they'll be able to lay low for this long"