chapter 49

Our laughter died down the moment the gate of the cell opened.

She strolled in with dante beside her and I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

"I see you aren't pleased to see me sorella" "I'm glad you know that, I rather meet the devil than meet you" I spitefully spat out and she smirked.

"There'd be no point because I am here already" I chuckled sarcastically and shook my head.

"Get over with the self-deceit sister. You aren't even as evil as dad or grandpa neither are you evil as Senior Lombardi and you think you're evil?

Sorry to burst your bubble dolce but you aren't evil, you are just a psycho who can't accept the fact that life didn't want to be good to you.

You claim to be powerful right? But the two people you wanted to get rid of for years were able to deceive you for seven months and you had people working against you under your very nose and you never knew, you know why?

It's because you're foolish and not fit for this life, the mafia life isn't for you maybe that is why grandfather didn't want you to carry on his legacy and the difference between you and the devil is that you're foolish he is smart"

I yelled the truth to her face making her turn red in anger.

She screamed blocking her ears from hearing the bitter truth.

"Enough Claudia, I'm tired of you and your smart tongue you're forgetting that you're the one under my mercy".

I smirked and shook my head.

"You think killing me will gain you anything? Well go ahead because I have more than two people to carry on the marchessi legacy and I'm certain they'll be able to bring you down and I bet you wouldn't want them to finish you off cause they're worse than i am"

Her eyes narrowed into a slit that I feared it may tear off.

"What are you yarning about?" She gripped my hair painfully with one hand the other groping my jaw.

"And you think I'll be foolish to disclose that to you? Go ahead and finish me off, I'll die in peace knowing I achieved what you never achieved in years and will never achieve in the years to come.

I had my parents and grandfather by my side, I had men and women falling at my feet in fear and respect which is something you'll never have.

I was given the legacy that belonged to you, unlike you I have loyal family and friends and I will always remain the most powerful lady and leader in the underworld and if I die now people will come after you to fight for me despite how evil I am but if you die now, no one will give a fuck.

I will be missed, my name and story will be passed on from generation to generations, parents will use me as an example to their kids. What about you sister, what will your story after death be?"

From the color of her face I could tell that she was really mad.

I may not know her personally but from what I have observed she doesn't like hearing about the achievements of her enemies and being compared to them.

I received a hard slap from her making my head fall to the side.

"I'll make sure you regret this moment" she growled and I smirked in return.

"Go ahead and do your worse sister"

~~~~~

"You know the saying, nothing hurts a woman more than seeing her husband in pain?" She asked with a devilish smile on her lips.

I stared at her confused trying to understand what she had just uttered.

"I really don't have a personal issue with Javier here, I would have let him go but I see he is important to you. Once I'm done.....