chapter 10

Matilda's POV
My heart fell into million pieces at his confession. "What did I do to deserve this josé?" I cried angrily.

"Because the Spanish mafias are tired of being dominated by the Italian mafias and the easiest to get this done was to bring your sister down through you" i shook my head at how foolish he was.

"How far did you go in that plan of yours José and now your blood will be on my hands" I yelled remembering Claudia's words and I know she'll make me do it, the thought made me cringe and tears rolled down more.

I noticed his eyes went wide and his face became pale "Now look what you got us into" my heart drummed hard in my chest like it could tear any moment from now. A scared Antonia held my thighs so tightly crying frantically.

*******

We drove for what seemed like hours before the van came to a stop.

The body guards came down and opened the door pulling us out aggressively.

I was met by a beautiful and luxurious building that stood proudly surrounded by a pretty garden and fountain at the middle, my sight was cut short when I was blindfolded and led into the house by her rough men.

I felt my hands being tied and I tried strugglimg but nothing.

I told gioia and alfeiri this would happen but they just had to be stubborn, I'm not trying to blame them because their intentions were good but my sister Claudia, the devil,, just had to ruin everything as always.

I started believing she doesn't actually love us, she only protects us to keep her power up high, the realization made tears flow heavily down my eyes.

I could hear the sobs of antonia and it broke my heart, I heard the opening of a door followed my an all too familiar footsteps and I knew she was here.

The moment she got close to me her scent filled my nose "Well Matilda, you know why we're here right?" Her voice low and dangerous.

"Claudia please I'm begging you we're are your sisters, your blood, don't do this to us, at least for the sake it's our birthday, please sister" i pleaded and she tsked.

"You know that wouldn't work why try, I trained you both to be resilient right, so why didn't you stop Gioia and Alfeiri when you knew the consequences?" She banged her fist on a table making me shudder in fear.

"Trust me we tried sorella but their intentions were good, they only wanted us to have fun". I boldly answered back and I felt her wrath coming, this is the first time I had talked back at her.

"Fun? You wanted have fun Matilda? Wow wow"... I heard her clapping her hands and I swallowed the fear down my throat.

"Ok Matilda, you want fun right well let's have some fun" the sarcasm that dripped from her voice had me shuddering in fear.

"S...s...sorella?" My voice came out in a whisper.

"Arturo get the gun and José" my heart fell at the statement.

"What are you doing sister?" I asked in a shaky voice and pounding heart.

"You know exactly what, I heavily warned you that if I found out he was just using us, you'll be the one to kill him, I meant every words I said matilda, you think I just don't like trusting people and I suspect for no reason the truth is we mafias are trained to suspect everybody now look what what happened, Arturo load the gun" her command was short yet filled with power.