chapter 37

Third person POV

"So you're Mariã Baobara and not carlou?" Claudia finally spoke after enjoying the little Best friend drama.

"I'm sorry don, I had to change my identity".

Before Claudia could react Vida threw a slap towards Mariã.

"So you decided to hide your identity to keep your dirty little secret" she gritted out angrily.

"If you ever had the slightest respect for me you'll tell me who you are working for"

Mariã was silent as she stared into the cold eyes of her ex-best friend, she couldn't believe the sweet innocent Vida  back then who would even get hurt to save a bird is the same monstrous killer now.

"I don't think you'll want to know the person Vida".

She spoke in a quiet voice causing Vida and Claudia to exchange glances.

"Look mariã, it will be best for you to open up and save yourself the torture" Vida warned dangerously.

"I'm sorry but I won't do it Vida. You are quite familiar with him but it's his choice to reveal his identity".

Without wasting a second Claudia gripped her neck tightly depriving her of oxygen. Maria's eyes went wide as she tried opening her mouth to breathe.

"I'm giving you one last chance else you'll suffer worse than what bella did" Claudia warned in a dark evil voice.

She released her throat letting her catch her breath.

"H...how did you.... Claudia scoffed and shook her head. "I really can't believe you mariã, you've worked under me for long and you didn't know I'll figure it out? Besides bella wasn't smart enough and if you were wise you'd have used someone smarter or someone closer to me not just a random worker, judging from this action I guess both you and your boss are foolish".

"It's sad that she's dead else I'd have brought her to narrate the tale of her torture. So if I were you I'll start opening up".

"Y...you don't scare me" maria stuttered out knowing she was lying to nobody because her voice and the emotion in her eyes betrayed her confidence.

"Then I think I should give you to javier or maja, they wouldn't mind handling you".

Claudia threatened and with the expression mariã gave out she could tell that the poor lady was scared of the two people she had just mentioned.

"D...don Javier Lombardi?" She whispered in fear, the effect he had on everyone also affected her.

"Arturo my phone" Claudia ordered aand without wasting a second he brought it.

Claudia locked her gaze with mariã's scared one and passed a sinister smile her way not helping the scared lady.

"N..no don please not don javier i.... Before she could complete her statement Claudia had put Javier on the line already.

"Diamante" came the smooth husky voice of Javier.

From the way he sounded she could tell that he was tired or probably just waking up from sleep.

"Saúl i you have a fan who will really love to meet you".

She spoke into the phone not letting the devilish smile that played on her lips vanish.

"Are you drunk Aurora?" A confused Javier asked because he knows the woman on the line isn't one to joke around.

"I'm sobber and fully aware of what I'm saying. You know it really hurts when they choose you over me".