chapter 32

Vida's POV

"Anything?" I asked simoné and he shook his head. "But we're close to finding out who the person is" I stared at him blankly breaking my stare when Matilda and javier walked in.

"Anything from Claudia?" Matilda sighed and shook her head. "Nothing at all Vida" i pressed my lips into a thin line.

Knowing Claudia, I'm certain she's planning something big.

"I know my sister too well to know what her silence mean and she is probably planning the best way to punish me after all I betrayed her".

I held her palm and gave it a tight squeeze. "Don't be scared Matilda, you have Javier Lombardi on your side, Claudia won't lay a hand on you sweetie, you did the right thing by joining us".

she had a skeptical look but gave a small nervous smile.

*******

....."you should have known federico" he glared angrily at me. "How should i have known Vida, you promised me but you broke your promise by going ahead to stab me in the back and putting Rosa's life in danger" he yelled which pissed me off.

"Stop it, i didn't stab you in the back. You didn't let me do what I wanted to do knowing how much i want justice for what they did to me and Renzo" I yelled back angrily tears streaming down my eyes.

"I left my life for you and Rosa, I threw away my dangerous life style just to create a peaceful one for us as a family but I guess I wasted my time, you don't even value me nor my wishes.

I never asked for too much Vida, I only asked for your heart, I never asked you to stop loving Renzo I just wanted you to give me a chance to prove my love for you, I changed my life for you and Rosa but i guess.... I saw a tear drop from his eye while he bit on his lower lip drawing blood from it which made my heart clench. "Fede.... He walked away leaving just me in the room.

I fell on the bed holding my head in my hands. Federico has done nothing but be there of me and my daughter, he has been a perfect father figure to Rosa and a good man to me and I did nothing but break his heart.

The problem here is me, Federico has a special spot in my heart but the problem is that I can't move on from my past.

I'll fight with all i have until justice is served for what they did to Renzo and i and as for my heart only one man has it and unfortunately he took it with him.

Claudia's POV

I got to the garage fishing my key out of my purse. About to get into the car a dark figure caught my attention.

I narrowed my eyes and pulled my gun out immediately and silently followed the figure keeping a safe distance.

The person stopped walking and pulled something out from a bag. Once I was certain the person was distracted I use the opportunity to tackle from behind.

"I got you" I whispered in the person's ears and from the fingers I knew it was a female.

She grunted and pulled my hands away before kicking me in the stomach causing me to loose my balance.

she pulled her hood revealing herself

"Maja?''

"You're welcome bitch, you nearly choked the life out of me" she commented sarcastically earning a glare from me.

"If you see an invader in your territory what do you do, sit back and watch?" I replied sarcastically.

"Well what were you doing?"

"Well thanks to you I lost the person" I narrowed my eyes in confusion. "What are you talking about?".

She brought her phone out and started playing a recording.

"Mission accomplished sir, there's a deep malice between them, Matilda betrayed Claudia" a feminine voice spoke.

"That wasn't the plan.........the recording went off and I gave her a questioning look.

"That's all I could get, do you perhaps recognize any of the voices?" She asked and I closed my eyes trying to think but nothing came into my head.

"The male voice surely sounds unfamiliar but the female sounds kinda familiar but I can't remember where I heard it".

"I need Arturo's number" I gave a look signalling her to explain but she waved me off.

"I'll explain later Claudia but right now we do not have time"

*******

The sounds of gun shot and canon balls hitting the ground filled the entire city of Ragusta. I went to the 'black tower' with maja and Arturo behind me, our guns at arms reach as we walked to the main vacant floor.

We looked around for any sign of them but nothing. I passed Arturo a look and he nodded taking out his phone to make a call.

My whole attention was on stand by waiting for the slightest attack.

"Aurora" a familiar feminine voice called and I turned to find Matilda. She was dressed in a dark red attire, her hair flowing down her back and a baseball cap sat on her head.

"Matilda" I hissed out pointing the gun at her which she reciprocated.

"Ciao sorella" she smiled evilly making me angry as I remembered the fact she betrayed me.

"I can't believe this Matilda after everything I did for you?" She laughed humorlessly and shook her head.

"Everything? Does that include always slapping me, controlling me, depriving me of all I love and my freedom?" She yelled and I got pissed.

"You ungrateful bitch, I laid my life out for you for years and this is what i get?" She smirked.

"Nope, you're wrong sorella you only used me for your own selfish game not just me but Antonia too. You neglected us, you were never there when we needed you, all you did was cause us pain. I hope for her sake she stops thinking that you love her and see who you truly are".

She yelled out and I hissed out angrily, my fingers itching to pull the trigger already.

"I regret the day I let you live Matilda, I should have just killed you myself that day, Maybe I'd have been living a normal life"

She shrugged and bit her lower lip shaking her head. "Well sorry for you I'm alive and a Lombardi now and I'll be the one to destroy you".

"Matilda is that really you?" Gioia spoke up with a broken voice and i get why she's really affected by Matilda's betrayal.

Vida, Javier, josé and simoné emerged from behind her. Javier and i locked eyes, our glares entangling with each other both of us not willing to back down.

"You're really smart Lombardi, you took my own sister as well" I remarked sarcastically with a smirk.

"It isn't my fault that they are all betraying you marchessi" i pointed the gun at him then back at Matilda.

I silently corked the gun. "Matilda attack" Vida yelled before Matilda could do anything it was too late cause I had pulled the trigger already.

 "Matilda attack" Vida yelled before Matilda could do anything it was too late cause I had pulled the trigger already