chapter 12

I stood at the roof top watching antonia have fun with her friends in garden which brought a smile to my face.

Matilda and josé were having a mini date under an umbrella at the far end of the garden.

"How do you feel Claudia?" Gioia's voice brought me out of my thoughts and she came to stand beside me, I said nothing and just stared on.

"I'm satisfied gioia but I'm afraid this wouldn't last for long but right now I guess I'm enjoying this". She smiled and held my arms looking straight into my eyes.

"Thank you for this claudia it means so much to them, besides you know they are still scared of you right?" I chuckled and shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't think i'd want to get rid of that" she glared at me and i threw my face away to avoid her gaze.

"C'mon gioia you really didn't expect me to change completely towards them, I had my reasons for being nice to them this few days and soon things will go back to how they were, I still have mysterious mafias chasing after me and i can't let emotions get the best of me at this point" she didn't argue back probably she realized I am right, I got a call and told her to watch over so I could go to the office but she stopped me before I could leave.

"Have you gotten news on any other mafia clan?" I stared at her blankly letting her question settle in and I shook my head.

"Well we got a message yesterday, the spanish mafias are planning something big and mysterious, they want to attack we have to be alarmed claudia" I fisted my fingers at my side.

"When did this message come in?" I gritted out.

"I....I think it has been an ongoing plan for the past year".

"That wasn't the question gioia when did that threat letter come in?" I hissed angrily and she gulped.

"It came in 4 days ago don claudia" she stuttered.

"And I'm getting this information right now?"

"Mi dispiace claudia but I didn't want to destroy...

"The fun time? Fuck that gioia you know I put my work before anything" I yelled and stormed out angrily. Reasons I do not let my guard down, these little days I decided to be different look what's happened.

The spanish mafias are really smart, Javier Lombardi, in as much as I hate to admit it he is really smart and dangerous that is why it's really hard to get a hold of them or figure out their plans, I got to my office and she followed me.

I plopped down angrily on my chair and once I was calm a bit I pulled my phone out and called Arturo.

*******

"I need Antonia and Matilda out of here". Gioia furrowed her brows in confusion.

"Why?"

"Two weeks ago I killed someone who had been following me, I'm quite sure they know we're here and we know what will happen next" she was quiet, a signal that she was thinking

"Gioia be smart about this task cause if anything and I mean the littlest scratch on my sisters.... She swallowed nervously and nodded.

"You can trust me don". I dismissed her and continued making plans with Arturo and marìa" but not before shouting at them for not being alarmed.

"Did you do what I asked you to do Arturo?" I questioned and he gave a stiff nod, i stretched my palm out and he placed an envelope in it. I used my two fingers signalling them to leave.

I stared at the envelope in my hand for a good minute, straightening my spine I rested my elbows on the table.

Blowing out I tore the envelope open and took out the neatly folded paper and I unfolded it. "Saúl Lombardi" i said and got down to reading everything it wrote about him and it had nothing relating to the Lombardi's I know of.

𝐵𝓁𝑜𝑜𝒹 𝐻𝑒𝒶𝓇𝓉𝓈जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें