chapter 25

Matilda's POV

Everything seemed absolutely weird, I mean that wasn't the reaction I was expecting from Claudia.

She was surprisingly non chalant and cool about everything. I went down and found signor Javier and a strange female that looked oddly familiar but I couldn't just recall where I had seen her.

Our eyes locked again and we stared at each other with no emotions, there's just something about him that seemed odd to me.

I walked past him to gioia, I realized she was pacing around worriedly. "Gioia" she turned immediately like she had been waiting for her name to be called for an interview. She grabbed my arm worriedly

"What did she do?" I smiled and shook my head. "You are really scared of her aren't you?" she smiled and shook her head "I'm not scared of her but scared of she can do, so tell me what did she do or what's she planning on doing to him?"

I explained everything to her and she stared at me shocked with her mouth wide opened "Close it, you may catch a fly" I chuckled and she quickly pulled herself together.

"Are you sure we spoke to Claudia or.... I laughed and shook my head "It was Claudia we spoke to".

"So what do you plan on doing?" My jaw hardened as I thought of his betrayal.

"To make him suffer" came my short reply.

Claudia's POV

Since I got home early and I was free I decided to go to the training room.

I stood at the door with my hands folded as I watched Arturo give her some lessons but I noticed something strange about Arturo, the way he held her waist and how close he was to her from behind is there something I'm missing out I thought.

"You really confuse me diamante" his smooth honey like husky voice cut my thoughts short but I didn't turn around.

I've been watching him and Vida closely and i did realize the two of them both have a secret connection. I've been silent about my observation does not mean I haven't been looking for information that will lead me to discover what they both share.

"Why do you say so?" He came to stand directly beside me with his hands in his pockets. "You let José go" i smiled inwardly and blinked twice then looked up at him with a smirk.

"Why shouldn't I let him go he did nothing to me but Matilda and I guess she's ready to handle it herself or is there something else i should know about him that will make me more mad?" He clenched his jaw and looked away before uttering something in an Asian language, way to go jerk he just had to speak a language i didn't learn but his reaction confirmed something I've been thinking about for long.

It was night time already, I sat in the garden with my legs crossed sipping on my alcohol.

"Don" i turned to find him and i raised my index signalling him to come forward.

"You wanted to see me?" I nodded softly and permitted him to sit opposite me.

I rested my elbows on the table and stared into his eyes. "So tell me Arturo, what was it i saw today?" He furrowed his brows and twisted his lips in confusion. "What do you mean?" I smiled and placed my hand on his making him look at my hand on his in shock.

"Let me rephrase it, is there something i should know about Matilda? i won't get mad" he shot a brow up and bit his bottom lip which was quite sexy but not the point right now.

"Not that i know of" he looked genuinely confused.

"C'mon Arturo" i banged my fist on the table. "I saw how you looked at her today, how you held her, tell me do you have feelings for her?" I yelled because I had lost my patience already and he was lying to me.