chapter 31

Vida's POV

"Mom I have goodnews" Rosa walked in holding a USB drive and i stared at her skeptically waiting for her to start talking about the sudden news.

She sat on the sofa across my bed smiling goofily. "Are you going to keep smiling like a cartoon or spill it out" I deadpan making her smile flatter away.

"I'm sorry mom. The drive contains a footage of your wedding day" my eyes widened in shock and I got up from my seat immediately.

"WHAT?" She nodded confirming what she had just said. She handed it to me and I instantly connected it to my lap top.

The screen was blank but little sounds could be heard. I furrowed my brows in confusion and turned to face her.

"Not all the images are clear mom, I only brought it in case you'll recognize the voices". Without further word i focused my attention on the blank screen, my ears standing at attention.

"Vida, Vida" the familiar voice of Renzo filled the room. The face which I had missed so much occupied the screen.

Rustling of leaves could be heard and looked around as if searching for someone or something, a frustrated look clung to his features.

"Who are you?" His face held curiosity, nervousness and slight fear. "And where's Vida?" I furrowed my brows in confusion because at that point i was in the church waiting for him, so... I felt Rosa's palm in mine. "Relax mom, you'll find all the answers you're looking for".

A loud cackle rung from the speaker, the voice sounding Unfamiliar, unluckily the face of the person could not be seen.

"You're more foolish than I thought Renzo, of course Vida isn't here you're the one I want and if I can't have you then you will have to say your last wishes".

The voice was in no way feminine yet she was claiming him like a possessive psycho girlfriend.

"Who are you? Look I think you have the wrong Renzo, please I have to go my bride Is waiting for me" he pleaded and the person laughed sinisterly.

"I'm sure you've heard of the legendary story 'The haunted hearts' why don't I make it a reality here in Balingasay" without another word the mysterious person shot him.

I watched him fall to the floor, his blood spilling over the ground just the way I found him that day.

The image brought back hurtful memories, I felt like I am being stabbed repeatedly in my heart.

"That means he never ran away, he was deceived and I was the person they used to get to him. I...I...it's all my fault, Renzo is dead because of me" I whispered to myself, the sudden realization traumatizing me.

Rosa wrapped her hands around my shoulder. "Don't blame yourself mom, we'll have to look for this person and I'm here to help you find this person no matter what it takes"

Her words fell on deaf ears as I kept thinking of the sudden realization of Renzo's death.

Claudia's POV

"Damn" Alfeiri threw his laptop causing it to shatter making Gioia and i give him strange looks.

"What's wrong with you?" Gioia questioned. I straightened my spine and crossed my legs staring at him while waiting for his reply.

He huffed out angrily, his whole body tensed and his face red in anger. "Are you going to tell us or...... He shot me a glare and i pressed my lips into a thin line knowing this is not the moment for my sarcastic comment which may lead to my sudden death caused by Alfeiri.