chapter 38

~Claudia~
"Mariã was the one who saved me that day.

"How did she know?" Maja asked with a skeptical look and with the expression on his face I could tell he was pissed, so mariã decided to answer the question.

"That day i happened to visit the cemetery which is beside the old abandoned church.

I saw a car parked outside but i ignored it thinking it was an abandoned car cause no one ever visited that place.

On my way back I heard noises from the church yard, I thought I was just hearing things or maybe a ghost but i went for the former since ghosts are just superstitions.

On my way out the screams became louder and more disturbing so I decided to take a look at what was going on.

I was surprised to find Renzo, Vida's groom being attacked by a lady.

His eyes met mine and he pleaded for me to help him so i built up the courage and decided to save him but I got attacked too.

I passed out and when I woke up I forgot what had happened until my eyes saw the floor covered in blood.

I was so scared so I chose to run away because I knew if I didn't I'd be blamed for what happened.

Despite my attempt to escape I got caught by her and was stabbed before being dumped but luckily I was rescued by Luciene Dela lucchese"

Mariã narrated and I saw guilt and sadness swimming in the pool of Vida's orbs.

But that wasn't what I was paying attention to I was waiting to hear what part I played in this whole murder case.

"Well great story Renzo and mariã but where do I fall under?" I sarcastically remarked and he tilted his head to face me with a smirk.

"Great question Claudia; well you see while mariã narrated the story she didn't reveal the person who stabbed us".

I raised a brow and used my tongue to poke my cheek getting annoyed as the seconds flew by.

"I wasn't the lady so where are you driving towards Renzo?".

"The woman happened to be your older sister".

I choked on my saliva and looked at him with surprise and soon i burst into a fit of laughter.

"You kinda got me there Renzo but I'm sorry to burst your bubbles I have no older sister" my laughter died down and I turned serious again.

Renzo shook his head in pity and smiled.

"You were really kept in the dark Claudia Aurora, do you wish to know or should I....

"Spill out everything you know" I snapped in a harsh tone.

Everyone turned their attention to Renzo as they waited to hear the mysterious tale about a sister whom i know nothing about.

****

"You had rather you have an older sister, Lorenza Marchessi.

Your father was the king of the underworld because your grandfather made sure he started training him at a very young age.

Your mom was a Hispanic lady and also the personal maid to your father.

He got her pregnant and of course your grandfather had a reputation to uphold so he didn't accept the child but he gave a condition that if he must accept Lorenza then she had to be a boy.

Unfortunately she turned out to be a girl and after her birth your mother sent her away cause she feared she was going to get killed by your grandfather so she lied to him that she died during the birth.