chapter 19

Later that day I was introduced to the administrative staff of the lombardis.

I was taken by javier on a tour around his empire including his hideouts which made me doubt him.

On our way back i decided to question him "Javier you do realize you showed me all your hideouts?" He turned to look at me with a blank face then that arrogant smirk appeared. "I'm aware of that diamante".

After a tiring day we arrived at his castle. I went up to our room and changed into a fluffy black booty short and an oversized gray hoodie. I carried my phone and headphones downstairs.

I threw myself on the comfortable couch and blocked my ears.

About to turn my music an unknown number called, I narrowed my brows and reluctantly picked the call.

"Sorella?" The voice instantly making me sit upright "Matilda?"

"Sí sorella"

"What's wrong, Are you alright, did José do anything to you?" I heard a slight giggle.

"No sister he didn't, I guess I was just missing you" she whispered and my heart melted. I miss them too but why do they? I've been nothing but a monster in their lives.

"Are you both doing alright over there in south africa?" I decided to change the topic and i heard a silent sigh.

"We're perfectly fine sorella, can you visit some day?" She asked and I felt a little bit bad because i knew I was going to diappoint her.

"Was there a point of asking when you knew the answer already?" She sighed and i could imagine her gray eyes filled with disappointment. "I'm sorry I knew" i said nothing and hung up.

"You shouldn't be hard on your sisters, what happened to you wasn't their fault" i looked up to where he was standing resting on the wall with his hands folded, his muscles bulging out looking all juicy and inviting.

I scoffed and shook my head. "Says the guy that completely shut his brother off". I retorted back and he clenched his jaw but I couldn't careless.

Matilda's POV

I dressed up in a gray wrap crop top and a pair of black high waist jeans. I matched with a pair of white sneakers and left the room.

José was waiting for me downstairs already, when i got down he wrapped his arm around my waist and kissed my cheek.

"You look beautiful" he whispered in my ears and i thanked him a blush creeping up my face. He interlocked our hands and we left.

We got to the already crowded club. People at different corners grinding, sharing saliva and getting high.

"Hey baby girl" our friends eddie and cherry walked up to us. She hugged me and gave an air kiss on both cheeks while eddie and José did the bro hug.

They led us to the vip area that was less crowded.

Once we got comfortable on the sofa, he threw his arm around my shoulder and I felt a burning stare at my side. I turned to find one of the guys staring at me with a lustful gaze biting his lip making me feel disgusted and I shifted closer to José.

Our drinks were served and immediately i started gulping them.

Anyone who sees me will think I am suffering from heart break but the truth is that I'm just a new adult who suffered with my little sister without a mother or a father and did i forget to mention? We had the opportunity to be loved my our older sister but we were neglected.

I had so much in my mind and it's fucking hard because I have no one to confide in, my sister is too cold and emotionless to understand my emotions, I really can't tell gioia cause she has too much on her plate, maría gives me odd vibes which makes me wonder why she works for Claudia, José and alfeiri are males they wouldn't understand and antonia she isn't mature to understand, I'm just so fucking tired of my life.

I didn't know how much I drank all I know is that my head felt heavy and i felt dizzy. "Matilda how much did you drink?" He glared at me and took the bottle from my hand making me pout. "Give it to me i slurred trying to take the bottle but he pulled further from me.

"If you won't give me fine" I spoke with a frown. "I'll be right back" I got up and walked drunkly to the restroom.

I finished with my business and wash my hands about leaving a voice and a hand on my wrist stopped me.

"Hey babe" I turned to find the same guy that was staring at me. His weird eye color making me sick in my stomach.

"You don't look okay, where's the so called boyfriend of yours, José can't even take care of his girlfriend" he whispered and came closer to me but I backed out. "W...what are you doing?" "Shh baby let me take care of you" he seductively slurred.

He came and wrapped his arm around my waist and immediately i saw red and all the drink suddenly left my system.

I gripped his wrist fierce fully and pulled him with all my strength. I kneed him in the balls and punched his jaw, my eyes burning in anger. "If you try that again I'll set you ablaze". I warned and he looked at me like a monster was right in front of him.

"Now get out of this place". I gritted out and he just sat down with a bloody face still staring at me, i took a step forward and immediately he scurried off.

I rolled my eyes and looked up to find José staring at me awe struck.

"Wow you looked exactly like your sister, I almost had an attack thinking you were her".

"I don't know if that's a compliment or an insult but I'll go for the former" I said with no emotions in my voice and he just stared blankly at me. I turned to walk away but tripped luckily he caught me.

He placed his hand under my thighs and carried me in bridal style and I wrapped my hands around his neck letting my face fall into his chest.

"You sure aren't drinking again" he whispered under his breath but I heard him and didn't have the energy to argue so I just closed my eyes to sleep.

José's POV

I took her to her room and tucked her in. I sat beside her holding her hand in mine and smiled staring at her peaceful state as her chest heaved rhythmically at every breath.

I use my fingers to remove the strands of hair that stuck to her face. "You'll be the death of me amoré, why do you have to be hard work?" I whispered. My phone vibrated in my pocket startling me a bit.

I pulled it out and saw the name that flashed across the screen. I sighed and clenched my fingers on my thighs, I'm so dead right?

I accepted the call. "Senõrita"

"Did you take her out?" I shut my eyes tight, I knew she'd find out, the woman is a mother fucking walking CCTV camera.

"I'm sorry senõrita s...she pushed me to I.... "Shut up José, i warned you not to take them out to such places, no matter how much she persuades you be resilient am I cleared dulzura?"

"Si senõrita" she hung up and I raked my fingers in my hair. I stared at her and shook my head. "You'll be the death of me corta" I whispered.

Honestly Claudia is really on my neck cause i took an oath, a blood oath to protect matilda and antonia here, else she'll have my head serve to her pets but at the same time she cares for me which is quite heart warming.

Sooner or later I'll go back that's if he wouldn't punish me first and I hope you dont hate me matilda I said inwardly.

Matilda is so demanding and sometimes she wouldn't talk to me for days if I deprive her of something she needs. If only she knows her sister is the one behind all decisions I make for her.

 If only she knows her sister is the one behind all decisions I make for her