chapter 44

I sat in the garden with a glass of orange juice in my hands. The cool evening breeze soothing my body and making my hair scatter all around my face.

For the first time in eight years I felt more relaxed and calm.

I feel like my heart was at ease again but i had it at the back of my mind that I still have an enemy to bring down and a reputation and power I have to up hold.

The past weeks with Javier has been blissful making me question what I really feel about him.

It's concluded that I don't hate him but I don't love him either, so what are my feelings for him? I thought

Whatever it is all i know is i do not want what we share to end.

If the feelings we share is admiration and lust, I'd prefer to have it that way than to have unnecessary hate, anger and tension strive between us.

"Don" a familiar voice pulled me out of my thoughts and I turned to find federico.

He was walking towards me dressed in a loosed black shirt and a pair of dark jeans.

His brown hair messy on his head as the wind blew it to different directions.

"Federico" I called, surprised by his visit.

He came and stood in front of me taking a slight bow.

I placed the drink on the table and got up to give him a hug. His tall built frame engulfed my short one in his embrace.

"It's good seeing you again" I remarked and he smiled.

"The pleasure is mine don" "So why the sudden visit?"

His jaw hardened and his eyes went blank as if he is reliving a horrible memory.

"I want to come back don, I know it was foolish of me to retire and I promise this time I won't leave until I die"

"Woah Federico, your statement sounds deep what went wrong?"

He sighed and turned his face away to avoid my gaze.

"You can say I am heart broken, I fell for the wrong person"

I was silent for awhile waiting for his words to settle in.

"Vida?" His silence was an answer to my question.

"You actually fell for her?" I asked surprised. I knew they were together but not out of love.

"Unfortunately I did don" I placed my hand in his arm and shook my head.

"You broke your rules Federico, you were the one who taught me to never fall in love. You know? I think it's your fault because you fell for her despite knowing her heart belonged to someone else.

"No don I came here to seek your advice and comfort not for you to rub it in my face that it's my fault" he spoke with annoyance laced in his voice.

"Is that annoyance I hear? Are you being rude Federico?" I shot a brow up and he lowered his head.

"I'm sorry don, please just accept me back, I really don't want my anger to get the best of me and make me......

"Kill Renzo" I finished it up for him and he looked at me with a smile tugging at the corner of his lips.

"Smart as always" he commented.

"Of course you can join, you are always welcomed" he smiled and I opened my arms for him again which he pulled me into his embrace.

"It will be best if you get your hands of her this instant" the angry voice of Javier broke our hug and we turned to face him.

He had an annoyed expression on his face with his jaw being clenched and his brows in a tight frown.