chapter 48

~Claudia~

I have been in this creepy cell for God knows how long. I kept cursing myself for not shooting her instead of strangling her.

There was no point of cursing myself for what I didn't do now I have to figure a way to escape from this place.

I hope they all escaped that day cause if she has them that will be double trouble for us and Javier......

I really wondered where he went. I'm certain that if he was present that day this wouldn't have happened. He kept insisting that we shouldn't attack that day but he didn't give me a reason not to so I went on with the plan I made.

I only he hope he will get me out of here before that psychotic lady begins her evil work on me.

I kept struggling to pull my hands out of the chain but it was of no use cause the shit was quite strong.

~~~~~

The chattering sound of keys made me alarmed.

Although the place was dark, I could tell it was lorenza.

Suddenly the dim lights came on and my eyes locked with her evil one.

"Ciao sorella" she smiled evilly, mischief swimming in the pool of her eyes.

I said nothing but just glared at her.

"You know it's rude to ignore someone and I hate it when I am ignored but I'll let it go cause I am in a happy mood and I brought a present for you"

My brows clinked in confusion at the world 'present' as i waited for her to proceed.

A loud thud on the floor drew my attention.

He laid on the floor covered in blood, his body looking weak which sent a foreign feeling up my spine.

"J...javier?" My voice fell out in a whisper, anger burned in my soul at the condition of the man in front of me.

"Surprised? Do you like it? Well of course you do, I'm sure you are happy to see him" the fact she sounded so cheerful made me angry and I wished I could just dig my fingers in her face.

"Trust me lorenza you won't get away with this" I spat angrily.

She dramatically gasped and covered her mouth in fake amuzement.

"Ooh! I'm so scared of you little sis, well let's see what you're going to do while being locked up here.

I'll leave you two now, arriverdici" she turned and left.

Javier finally looked up at me, his green orbs making me feel alive again.

His hair was messy and some strands were stuck to his face making me wish to run my hands in them and feel how soft it is again.

Blood rolled down his head to his chest. Seeing him in this condition made a knot form in my stomach as I stared into his eyes.

"J....javier" i whispered out, my throat dried and itchy as I spoke.

He sent a lazy smirk my way which made me doubt his sanity, how can we be in such situation and he is smirking.

"Really Javier? It seems like you've lost it, look at the situation we're in an you are still acting corky" I scolded him.

"I'm fully aware of our situation diamante, this isn't the first time being in such situation don't worry we'll be out soon" I scoffed and shook my head.

"Those people were not powerful enough, they were lame mafias so it was easy to get out and....

"I thought we were the most powerful and feared mafia leaders diamante, where did that go?" He raised a perfect brow at me making me sigh.