chapter 5

Being in America has been quite a lot of relief. For the first time in years i felt a little bit of space and freedom. I bought a company from and old man who decided to retire, his kids weren't interested in taking over and he felt the need to spend his remaining time of his life with his wife.

I dissolved his old business and started my own. I decided to go with a fashion company as I had the talent of designing shoes and dresses.

It's been 4 months already and I am glad at the length the company has reached. I wish I had a normal life like this, I am really enjoying living weathily legally.

I just finished having a meeting with one of my investors, once he left Arturo came in smiling. "Don" he called and I just stared at him with my usual blank expression.

"What is it Arturo?"

"I love this life don, I wish we were like this" I could see the excitement in his eyes which made me smile inwardly.

"Unfortunately we can't live like this forever" I was playing with a small blue ball In my hand.

I checked the time on my wristwatch and looked at him quizzically. "Aren't they suppose to be here now?" I questioned

"I spoke to signoré Alfeiri and he said they'll arrive in the next 6 hours from the time i spoke to him"

"How are the preparations going?"

"Everything's good Don"

"Remember no mistakes" I warned him and he nodded before he left.

I picked up my phone to order the gifts for them, I had already arranged a place for them to stay until it was time for the birthday.

My phone rang and I saw the name that blinked on my screen.

"Senorita claudia I'm at the airport".

"Good I sent my men to pick you up, when you get there you know what to do"

"Sì senorita" i hung up and got up from my chair. Rolling the sleeves of my blazer up my elbow i walked towards the glass shelf at the end of the room and took the familiar black journal.

"I wish sorella can just love and care for us, Gioia and Alfeiri tells us she does but i don't feel it at all, she provides all our essentials but that's not all we want, we also want her attention and time, for us to be like normal sisters, she is really hard on us and she has never smiled for us no matter how good our results are, it seems like nothing we do will ever impress her maybe we are a burden but I still love her".

Antonia

A tear escaped my eyes and I quickly brushed it off. My heart falls everytime i read this.

I still can't believe I make them feel this way, my actions have been hurting them that much and that's why I decided to throw a surprise party for their birthday, luckily they were born on the same day.

*******

I went to the hall where the preparations were happening to make sure everything was going smoothly although Arturo was there already to make sure nothing goes wrong.

Once i was sure nothing was wrong I left and headed back home.

I noticed a figure on my porch making my eyes furrow wondering who it could be. I got my gun ready for an attack as I got down from the car and locked it.

Carefully I walked up to the porch through the garden. Getting closer to the person i realized it was a female figure

"Who are you?" she yelped and turned to face me.