CHAPTER 35: A Storm is Brewing

Start from the beginning

Petrer gasped in anger. 'I can't believe that my own sister ...."

"What else do you want me to say?" Bella said "Would you rather I'd lie about what happened?!!"

"No! Of course not! I just..." Peter just stood there speechless, unable to unravel his thoughts. His own sister. His own flesh and blood. How dare Talia. How dare she do something to his own child! As a baby, no less! Talia would never harm a member of her own family. Why would she do this to her own niece?

"Dad." Bella said, snapping Peter out of his dark thoughts "You didn't know, did you?"

Peter shook his head as Bella tilted her head in question as he stared at her. "Of course I didn't. How could I have known? I thought you were born human this whole time!"

"Apparently I'm not." Bella groans as she clutches her stomach. She was still in a lot of pain. Peter took Bella's hand to take some of her pain away. "What's gonna happen to me?"

Peter looked at his daughter with concern in his eyes "For a little while, you'll have to get used to shifting back and forth. Learn how to take control of your abilities. The next full moon is coming up, which means we have four days to prepare."

"I have to completely shift?" Bella asked scaredly

"Listen to me closely." Peter tells Bella, cupping her face with one hand "I'll be there to help you.  I promise after your first full moon, it will be alright after that. Once you shift and start running, everything will come natural to you and you won't even think about it."

Bella smiles at him "I just don't want anything to happen to me."

"Listen to me, kiddo. From the very moment I held you in my arms, I knew that I wanted to protect you and keep you as safe as I could. I have always wanted to protect you and try to be the best father I can be. I know the last six years, things got messed up along the way but I want to try and fix that. I've told you that I didn't care if you were human or wolf. Things are going to be different now but you are still my daughter and I will always be there for you."

Bella sat there speechless with hope filled eyes. Tears flooded her eyes as she wrapped her arms around Peter lightly, ignoring the pain that she was in. Peter stiffen for a moment before hugging her back. The two sat like that for a while until Bella forced herself to pull back as she was still in pain. Peter just kept holding her hand for a while, trying to ease her pain until she fell back to sleep.

For the next few days, Derek was working with Scott and his friends to find out more about the sacrifices. It was discovered that a Darach was involved. Darach were emissaries. According to , Darach means "Dark Oak". This information is presented in opposition to the word  which Deaton says means "Wise Oak". While everyone is working to find the Darach, Peter stayerd by Bella's side caring for her.

Over the course of days, Bella's healing slowed down indefinitely.Her wounds were still opened and were getting infected which was making Bella sick. Peter knew that something was seriously wrong. He had no choice but to take Bella to the hospital. But how was he going to explain her wounds?

But there was something else happening tonight. The lunar eclipse was to make an appearance in the sky.

Peter rushed the ill Bella to the hospital. He had to explain that she was attacked by an animal but their family wanted a private doctor to see her at the time, which meant no hospital records.

Bella woke up with a gasp as Peter dabbed a colt cloth across her forehead.

"Easy, kiddo." Peter said

"Where am I?" Bella asked

"Hospital. Your wounds got infected." Peter explained

"Infected? I thought I was healing?" Bella asked weakly

"Sweetheart, you stopped healing a while ago. I don't know why but I knew you needed antibiotics so I brought you here."

During that whole day that Bella was resting, so much had happened. The teacher that Derek had saved, Ms. Blake, from Boyd and Cora a while back turned out to be the Druid that everyone was looking for, the one responsible for the murders. She took Sheriff Stilinski and was holding him somewhere.

Cora was now hospitalized due to a head wound that she wasn't healing from. Peter couldn't go back and forth to keep an eye on both girls so he stayed by his daughter's side.

And now, a storm was brewing on the horizon. The hospital was being forced to evacuate. While waiting to be evacuated, Bella was getting sicker.

Peter kept dabbing a cold cloth across her forehead. Bella was drenched in sweat, unconscious, and had a high fever. Peter was worried and was growing impatient.

"Hey, anyone want to tell me when they're getting my daughter out of here?" Peter yelled out to the hallway before turning back around to his daughter.

"Sorry, but..." someone said. Peter turned around and recognized the nurse instantly, Melissa McCall

"You're supposed to be dead." she says

"I get that a lot actually." Peter told her

Bella then rose up from the bed and began to throw up off the side of the bed. Peter rushed back to her side and pulled Bella's hair back for her.

"It's alright" He tells her and Melissa moves over to help as Bella lays back down.

When Melissa asked what happened, Peter explained it all, knowing that Melissa knows about Scott and their kind.

Derek then called Peter and told him to check on Cora. Cora was vomiting up black blood filled with mistletoe, she was in and out of consciousness. Cora's life was now in Jennifer Blake's hands.

Peter had the sense that someone didn't belong in the hospital and went out to investigate, leaving Bella alone.

Meanwhile, Scott, Stiles, Derek and Ms. Black arrived at the hospital for Cora.

"Scott! What are you doing here?" Melissa asked "Why does Stiles have my bat?"

"We're here for Cora." Scott told her.

"All of you?"

"Mom, you need to trust me on this. You need to get out of here." Scott stated

"The building is supposed to be clear in 30 minutes. I've got two ambulances that are coming back. One's ten minutes out, the other's twenty. Core and Bella need to be on one of those. They'll be picking up in the basement garage." Melissa informed them

Everyone ran to the elevator and rode it upstairs. The elevator stopped and they ran to Cora's room. Everyone stopped as they followed the trail of black blood.

"Derek." Scott called, getting Derek's attention as the sounds of fighting filled their ears.

Everyone's eyes widened when the doors in front of them fling open and Peter slides down the hallway on his back towards them.

"We got a problem. Big problem." Peter said as Ethan and Aiden joined together as one roared at them from down the hall.

Back in Bella's room, she was twitching. Her EKG was beeping erratically. The wounds on her stomach were closing. The scar on her face and the burns on her hand were fading away. Her eyes then  flung open and her eyes glowed a bright steel blue