Leaving home

You barely tasted your food throughout the meal, and mainly pushed it around your plate. You didn't want to go, you knew you had to, but you really didn't want to go. Blue finished his meal, and came over whining, so you picked him up and he automatically settled in your lap as you continued eating.
"Eat a little more, doll" Bucky prompted you, the fact that you were barely touching your food had not gone unnoticed by him. He was worried about you working in such close quarters with one of those creatures from Hydra. He knew you had the ability to fight them off, but he didn't want you to have to. He also knew he would likely be fighting and trying to bring in some more of them this week. His only hope was that if he did, he would get a sneak peek of you if he did. It would make it worth it, at least. He watched as he took a few more bites of your supper before pushing your plate away from you. He frowned slightly but didn't want to push it, since you seemed to be taking this as hard as he was. He didn't want to let you know that it was bothering him that you would be gone. He wanted to support you as best he could, especially knowing that it bothered you that you couldn't go on missions any longer. You had worked hard to get to the point you were at on missions. Clint had come to rely on you to be as good as you were, and had trained you well. The entire team was used to having you as a constant presence out in the field. To suddenly have that stolen from them was a little disheartening to say the least. You grabbed Blue with one arm, while grabbing your plate with your free hand, as if it was the most natural thing in the world, and headed into the kitchen to put your plate away. When you came back out you slumped back in the chair beside Bucky and he pushed his own plate away, unable to force himself to eat anything else either. He moved his chair so it was closer to you, and put his arm around your shoulders and pulled you in close under his arm. You immediately moved your body so you were twisted close to him, and nuzzled your head on his chest while still holding fast to Blue.
"Do they have to go?" Melody came into the room and had Pepper clean her muzzle.
"We have to go," Cloud confirmed, going to Tony and receiving the same treatment. "You'll be fine this week, and we will be back on the weekend" he turned his large head and licked her on the muzzle. She whined slightly and leaned into him.
"It's better if you go say your goodbyes" Tony said softly, causing your head to snap up. Melody let out another whine and you gave a nod.
"I'll go see Snow and Jasper" you handed Blue to Bucky and he nodded in acknowledgment you were going to do this much on your own. You got up slowly and Blue let out a small howl as you hurried out of the room. Your heart was breaking, and you doubted that this was going to get any easier.

You made your way into the suite at the end of the hall, and Snow's head snapped up quickly and she let out a soft whine.
"You will be safe, right, Luna?" Jasper asked, jumping off of the couch.
"I'll be safe, be careful here with your little family" you got down on your knees and started picking up each of the pups to give them a kiss and a small hug Snow stood up on her four legs and waited patiently for her turn before you put the final pup down. You opened your arms to her and she stepped into them. You wrapped your arms around her quickly before bowing your head slightly and she pressed her forehead against yours for a moment before she pulled back and licked your cheek. You gave her a kiss on the muzzle before she pulled away completely, and Jasper was quick to take her place. He went and pressed his forehead against yours first, before he followed Snow's lead and licked your cheek as well. You leaned forward and kissed his muzzle. "I love you all" you felt a little choked up, and felt tears threatening to spill as Jasper pulled away. "I'll be home on the weekend" you added quickly.
"We will understand if you can't make it, but try to come home as often as possible" Snow gave a soft bark and you stood up. You pulled out your phone from your pocket, looking around the living room one last time since you wouldn't see it again until Friday. You hit send on the unsent text messages, and put your phone back in your pocket before you left the suite, leaving the door open a few inches for Jasper and Snow. You walked along the hallway, your converse sneakers slapping on the wood as you took each step, and each slap made your heart plummet lower and lower into your stomach.
You walked in to see that Bruce and Natasha were holding each other as though they didn't want to let go. Wanda took a few steps towards you and wrapped her arms around you quickly.
"Be safe" was all she whispered in your ear before she pulled back, and you saw the worry etched in her face. Vision wrapped one arm around her shoulders and pulled her in closely.
"I will" you nodded quickly, not wanting your voice to betray you as you turned and hugged Sam and Steve. They seemed to understand that you were having a hard time with this and held you extra close for a moment.
"Take care of my James" you asked both of them as you pulled away.
"Don't worry, we can babysit Tinman" Sam teased, but Steve nodded solemnly.
"It's just for a week" Tony's voice rang out from the head of the table where he was holding Pepper who looked like she was struggling. "We will be back before any of you know it" he added, giving Pepper a kiss on the cheek. She grabbed him, and pulled him closer so she could kiss him properly on the lips.
Melody padded her way over to you, and you got down on your knees in front of her. She pressed her forehead against yours and paused for a moment.
"Be safe, take care of my mate" she whispered into your mind.
"We will take care of each other" you promised, pulling back to give her a kiss on the muzzle. She quickly licked your face in response before pulling away.
"Did you message Clint and the boys?" Nat asked you as she pulled away from Bruce momentarily. You gave a quick nod and she smiled in response before she gave Bruce a loud kiss on the lips. She slinked around him, and came over to you to give you a brief hug. "This is just for a week" she seemed to be reminding herself, more than she was reminding you.
"Unless something comes up, Gingersnap, we talked about this" Bruce said the obvious words that everyone was avoiding. "We might have to stay longer"
"We will try to make sure it's just a week" Tony saw the look on Pepper's face, and wanted to cover it up. Nat went back to Bruce and wrapped herself in his arms again, as if she never wanted to let go. Bucky came over to you and you took Blue, picking him up so he was level with your face and you pressed your forehead against his. He whined, knowing what was coming. You gave him a kiss on the muzzle. He started whimpering and saying "mama" several times while you set him down on the floor. He jumped at your legs, wanting to be picked back up. Steve picked him up quickly while Bucky closed the distance between the two of you and wrapped his arms around you. He pressed his forehead against yours and rubbed his nose against yours softly.
"My mate" he whispered to you.
"My Alpha" you whispered back softly.
"My everything" he tilted his head to the side and brushed his lips against yours to start. You hummed softly, and he began to massage his strong lips against yours. His beard tickled against your skin as you leaned in more to the kiss. You automatically opened your lips, and his tongue dove in to massage against your own. It was like he knew every crevice of your body, your lips, your mouth, and he could never get enough. His hands traveled up and down your back before tangling themselves in your hair. You fought for dominance in the kiss, however he was clearly winning. You sighed softly against his lips, but he continued to kiss you like no one else was in the room. The kiss became more eager, and you almost felt your toes curling as the heat started to pool at your core. He slowly slowed down the kiss as Steve cleared his throat, and you felt your skin blush in response. He pulled back and gave you a final chaste kiss on the lips. "I love you" he reminded you in a husky tone.
"I love you" you reminded him right back, reaching up to cup his bearded cheek.
"I need to shave," he chuckled, seeing the slight burn on your face.
"As long as you grow it back" you sassed him slightly. "I like my scratchy kisses. Especially between my thighs" you reached forward and whispered the last part in his ear and Steve coughed, looking away. Bucky had the good sense to blush a bit at your comment while you backed away to your previous place with an impish smile playing across your lips.
"Come here Cloud" Bucky changed the subject, with his cheeks still flushed, and got down on his knees. Cloud came over quickly and pressed his forehead against Bucky's, a symbolic gesture that he saw him as a companion as well. "Take care of her" he whispered to him and Cloud let out a small bark.
"I'll see you in a week" you screwed up your courage, following Tony's lead. Bruce untangled himself from Nat and fell in step beside you. You looked over your shoulder to see that Bucky had taken Blue back, and was holding him closely while watching you worriedly. Melody sat at his feet and let out a long and sad howl. The four of you went out the back door and onto the tarmac.
"She's not getting used to the idea of being separated for work" Cloud said sadly in your mind.
"She will" you tried to keep a positive outlook, knowing you just left a majority of your heart inside the compound.
You got inside the jet, and Tony took the pilot seat while you strapped in Cloud and Bruce took the seat next to you. You strapped in as well, and closed your eyes to fight the oncoming tears. You listened to the jet start up, and heard a soft whimper from Cloud as the back hatch closed. You reached out your hand and soothed him with a soft pat on the head, and Tony took off into the skies.

By the time Tony landed the jet, a few tears had managed to escape your eyes already. Bruce tried comforting you, but you knew he was in his own world of pain as well. None of you liked being separated from your loved ones. You unbuckled your straps before standing up and unbuckling Cloud from his seat as well. You saw the back hatch open up and four Shield agents came running to the jet.
"We've been asked to take you to your new permanent rooms" the first one made it to the jet as Tony finished powering down. "We are also here to help with your bags" they nodded to you as they got inside the jet. Bruce went to grab his one suitcase, while you reached for your two suitcases, bags, and your one purse. You were a little loaded down, when one of the agents came over and took your two bags and one of your suitcases for you. Tony let the three other agents grab all of his bags for him as he strode out of the jet confidently. You felt your phone go off in your pocket, but didn't want to take it out yet. You had a feeling it was a response from either the boys, or Clint, and you were nervous to see what they said.
The four agents led the four of you into Shield headquarters, and you looked around to see that it was still fairly busy for a Sunday, with people milling about in the hallways. Some of them stopped to look at Cloud who kept his head held high and proud. You were walking for a good ten minutes when they stopped down a hallway close to the lab.
"This way" the leader called, and opened up the first door. "For Y/N" they added and you nodded, walking into the room first. You saw it was a lot more spacious and the bed was a queen size at least. You saw there was a little more furniture in the room, including a desk with a comfortable looking chair, a long dresser, and a small loveseat with a coffee table. You also saw the small fridge and went to it immediately and opened it up to see if it needed to be cleaned. It was stocked with water bottles, but smelled clean. You nodded approvingly, thinking you would have to take some of the water bottles out to put your fruit in. The Shield agent brought in your bags and suitcase, placing them by your bed.
"Thank you" you didn't forget your manners. They walked back out and you went straight to unpacking everything while Cloud jumped up and laid on the bed, giving an appreciative groan.