Bonus chapter 1: Happy birthday

Începe de la început

After stopping the water, he turned to Anna and watched her letting the white sheet fall to the ground, exposing the purple love bites that were placed on her once fair skin. Alec smiled proud of his marks, but Anna just chuckled at the way her husband was looking at her. She stood up, helping herself by leaning on the wall and walked to Alec, who took her by the waist and lifted her up, getting both of them in the tub. Alec was leaning against the tub, as his wife was between his legs, leaning against his chest. 

Alec started to wash her shoulders, her tensed muscles relaxing when they were under his touch. Not too long ago, Anna was under a lot of stress due to all the Downworld affairs. As the Unifier she had to listen as much to Downworlders as she did to Shadowhunters. Even though Magnus was helping her, most of the work was falling on her shoulders. Alec would be lying to say he didn't notice his wife's state, or he didn't felt how stressed and tired she was due to their wedding rune, so he decided that both of them should take some rest for a few days. Spending time with each other, and with their kids, might do something good for them. Alec started to wash his wife's hair as Anna just relaxed and leaned against his chest.

"My beautiful wife..." Alec whispered as he run his finger down Anna's shoulder and kissed it. Anna hummed at the gesture and sighed as she put her hand over Alec's. She then turned around, being on her knees between his legs, looking at him and giving him a warm smile.

She took some soap and started to rub it on his shoulder feeling him relax at her touch too. They had this effect on each other. She took some water and washed his skin as Alec put his arms around her waist and rested his head on her chest. Anna didn't mind him and just took the shampoo and started to massage his scalp, making sure the substance wasn't going to get into his eyes. She then took the shower head and washed his hair clean. Alec closed his eyes feeling the warm water running down his head and smiled at the way it felt like. 

Anna smiled when she noticed the expression on his face and kissed his forehead. "My handsome husband." She whispered back and Alec opened his eyes, being greeted with the most beautiful sight he could ever wish for. He just stood there, hugging his wife, as Anna wrapped her arms around his shoulders, keeping him close to her. 

That was one of the moments that they could say they felt like one. The moments when their hearts were able to beat as one, where they were able to understand how much they missed each other, how much it has been since they were able to hold each other, how stressed and lonely they were without each other.

~~~

"Ok, but I think a film night with lasagna will be the best choice." Alec said while climbing down the stairs following Anna to their kitchen.

"I don't know. It takes some time to do lasagna. Also, the smell that it leaves behind it's not one you could get rid off easily." Anna explained.

"Is the Last Goddess Hecate and the Great Unifier Annabella Herondale-Lightwood afraid of some smell?" Alec asked smirking and Anna just rolled her eyes.

"Shut up. I'm not using magic in the kitchen and you know that." She said pointing to him and he just raised his hands up in surrender. They soon took a turn around the corner to their opened kitchen to their living room and were met with their kids, preparing the table. 

"No Erika, dad like the watermelon cut in triangles, not cubs." Chris said as he put the food.

"Oh come on, Chris. Food it's food. You should eat it whatever form it has." Erika said rolling her eyes at her brother's comment.

"Says the girl that puts mom to use her power just to make your pancakes in bunny form." Chris said and then Erika gasped.

"That's another story. Bunny pancakes look not only super cute, but even their taste it's better." Erika said while folding her arms.