10

Anabella, Alec and Lydia made their ways to the monitor room. The Inquisitor was coming and they wanted to welcome her. 

"The message said to have everything ready. The trial will begin immediately. She's on her way." Lydia informed.

"But that doesn't make any sense. Why rush this?" Alec asked confused.

"My grandmother never liked to let things unsolved for too long. And the fact that I  was the one who send the request, that made her wanting to come even more." Anabella said looking ahead.

"Like grand mother, like grand daughter." Lydia said.

"What can I say? We Herondales are the same." Anabella said smirking.

The arrived in the main room and waited for the doors to open. As on clue, a lot of shadowhunters entered the hallway and stood aside. In the hallway then stepped and old lady, with brown hair, in a bun, her blue eyes sending an icy stare.

"Guards, at ease." The lady, who might be the Inquisitor said.

Anabella, Lydia and Alce bowed their head in respect.

"Madame Inquisitor." Lydia said.

The Inquisitor bowed her head at Lydia. She then looked at Anabella and a sweet smile made it's way on her face.

"Anabella. I am glad to see you here." The inquisitor said in a soft voice to her grand daughter.

"Me too, grandma." Anabella said smiling sweetly.

"I heard that some of the shadowhunters from this Institute didn't followed your orders and went behind your back." The Inquisitor said.

"It was nothing that couldn't be solved. I took care of their behavior." Anabella assured.

"I couldn't expect less my dear." the Inquisitor said smiling at her grand daughter's words. "As I can see Anabella, you and Lydia seems to have a beautiful friendship with Mr. Lightwood." The Inquisitor said, her smile disappearing, while looking at Alec.

"It is." Anabella informed.

"Well, I hope it won't get in the way of the trial." The Inquisitor said eyeing Anabella.

"It won't Madame." Anabella said bowing her head.

"You have my assurance-" Lydia started.

"I need your word Branwell, not flaccid reassurance. What we are seeing is the same pattern Valentine showed before the uprising. Bending of the law. Defiance of the Clave order." The Inquisitor said.

Alec looked at Anabella and saw her frowning at what she was hearing. Anabella never thought of comparing anyone to Valentine, especially not Isabelle. Isabelle was a good fighter and she knew how to define the good from the bad. Her intentions were pure and good, the comparation to Valentine was the worst thing somebody could say about her.

"Ma'am I honestly believe that Valentine wasn't involved in the seelie's escape." Lydia said.

"Spare me your honest belief. Everything is out of control." The Inquisitor said, then she looked at Anabella frowning. "We were fools to believe Valentine was dead, now his daughter has the cup and they are out there somewhere." The Inquisitor yelled in the face of her grand daughter and then she turned her attention back to Lydia. "I won't have it." She finished.

"I am sorry Inquisitor." Lydia said in shame.

"Why are you sorry? You didn't steal the cup." The Inquisitor said and turned her attention to Anabella. "Just do your jobs." The Inquisitor said.