96

"We heard what happened." Izzy said as she, Jace and Clary run in the hallway.

"How is Magnus?" Clary asked.

"The Silent Brothers are keeping him under observation. He is stable, for the moment." Alec said.

"And Anna? How is she holding up?" Jace asked.

Alec just sighed and stepped away from the window of the salon. "See for yourself." Alec said and Jace and the girls looked throught the window in the salon. On the bed was Magnus connected to some machines. Next to the bed was Anna, holding his hand, while sitting in a chair. Her hair was a mess from how many times she run her hands through it, her eyes were red and puffy. Her face show fear, vulnerability and sorrow.

"She's been there since they brought him there. She refuse to leave his side until he will wake up." Alec explained.

"I never thought Anna could look like this next to Magnus's dead bed." Izzy said worried.

"And it's getting worse." Alec said sitting down. The others looked at him. "If Magnus dies, Anna will be completely broken." Alec said.

"But if that happens then-" Clary said looking around and Jace nodded.

"Her darkside might come out, and because Magnus raised her will have a big impact towards her and her feelings." Alec explained.

"Which means that is an opportunity for Anna to loose control." Izzy said.

"And Hexa will totally take advantage of that." Jace said.

"We need to do something." Clary said.

"We can't. The magic Magnus got is the one that is hurting and killing him." Alec explained.

In the salon Anna was holding Magnus's hand while he was sleeping.

"Dad, I don't know if you can hear me, but I want to tell you that I don't know what to do. I don't know how to help you. I hate seeing you like this. And I hate the fact of me not being able to do something to help you. I just-I just want you to wake up and hug me and tell me that everything is going to be ok." Anna said as she started to sob and leaned her head on the bed. "Please Magnus. I can't loose the only father and parent I ever had." Anna said crying when she suddenly felt a hand touching her shoulder. Anna looked up and saw Caterina smiling softly at her.

Anna sniffed and wiped her tears. 

"He is gonna be fine Anna." Caterina said in a soft voice. Anna nodded and got up and hugged Caterina.

"Please do something and save him Caterina. I won't be able to live with myself knowing I could do something and let Magnus die." Anna sobbed in the hug.

"I won't let him die Anna." Caterina said. They pulled from the hug and the blonde wiped her tears and folded her arms.

"What do you know about his state?" Anna asked.

"I got the results. Magnus's body is rejecting Lorenzo's magic." Caterina said and Anna looked at Magnus. "Each time Magnus use magic it drains him. He got lucky this time. He will regain conscience, but if he use magic one more time, he might not be able to survive." Caterina said.

"What is it to be done, so he can be safe?" Anna asked worried with tears in her eyes.

"Lorenzo's magic needs to be taken out of him, and only the person who made the transfer is able to take it, no exceptions." Caterina said and Anna clenched her fists.

"I understand. Thank you Caterina." Anna said and Caterina nodded and walked away. Anna got closer to Magnus and kissed his forehead. "I will help you dad. Even if it's the last thing I will do." Anna said and walked out of the salon.