68

Anna talked to Magnus and she told him that she will accept the Seelie Queen's deal with one condition, if she promised that she will protect the Shadowhunters too.

Anna was in Magnus's apartment waiting for him to return. Suddenly Magnus appeared and Anna look at him.

"What did she say?" Anna asked.

"She accepted, and she said that from now on she will talk with the Shadowhunters in the name of the Downworlders." Magnus informed.

"Good. At least we will talk with them." Anna said.

"You still care about them." Magnus said smiling.

"Of course I do Magnus, I like it or not, they are my friends. Besides, I am the Uniter. I can't stand the idea of people going against each other." Anna said and Magnus smiled. 

"It's ok Goldie." Magnus said and hugged her. 

Anna smiled and hugged back. Soon her phone buzzed and she looked at it to see a message.

"We might have found a lead to Jonathan. Want to join us?" ~Baby Brother 

Anna then pulled from the hug. 

"Magnus I am going to save my best friend from the devil's son. See you at the Institute, maybe." Anna said while walking out.

Anna soon met Izzy, Jace and Clary out. 

"Alright, let's go." Anna said and she followed the three.

"I should have thought something was wrong with him. I felt it. I knew I shouldn't have doubted my gut." Clary started to complain.

"You thought something was wrong with him? What about me?" Anna asked angry and the others turned to her with shocked faces. Anna then got closer to Clary. "I am his so called best friend. I should have been the first one to notice if something was wrong with him. Not you, not anyone else. Understood?" Anna asked angry.

"Anna I-" Clary started but got cut off.

"Save it. I don't care not even for a second what you think. Now excuse me, I have to save my best friend from you brother." Anna said and walked ahead.

The others followed her and they soon entered in an apartment. They opened the door and saw Sebastian figure back facing them.

"Jonathan." Izzy said.

The figure didn't moved.

"Turn around and face us." Jace demanded but the person in the chair didn't move.

"Where is Valentine?" Izzy asked.

Soon Izzy got closer and turned the chair. Soon the four were facing a beaten up and dead Sebastian Verlac. Anna gasped at the state her best friend was.

"Did Valentine killed him?" Clary asked.

"He's been dead for days." Izzy concluded.

"Tortured first." Jace said. They soon looked at Anna and saw her in a shocked state. Her eyes were aimed at her best friend her mouth was moving but no words could get out and tears were in her eyes. 

Jace got closer to the dead body and closed his eyes. "Ave ateque vale." Jace said.

"Hail and farewell." Izzy and Clary said together.

"Seb..." Anna sobbed. At that moment Sebastian's body started to shake and soon a demon controlled it.

Anna stood there, not moving, too shocked by the fact.

"Jace." Clary warned.

Jace aimed to stab it but the demon got on a near wall.

"It's a possessing demon." Jace said.