52

Anna was in her room getting ready for vad. She knew that Alec went to prepare the ceremony for the morning and that he will come in her room to sleep. When Anna was ready ro go under the covers she heard a knock.

"Come in?" Anna said confused.

In her room walked little Max.

"Anna...can we talk?" He asked, his eyes being puffy.

"Max, sure." Anna said and hugged him. She then closed the door and put Max on her bed. "What happened buddy? And why the red eyes?" Anna asked concerned.

"Anna is Alec ok?" Max asked.

"What? Honey, of course he is ok. He is down preparing your ceremony. You saw him before you came here." Anna said with a sweet smile hugging Max.

"Then what happened on the balcony?" Max asked.

"He was just playing around." Anna said smiling.

"But you were hugging him, and you were crying." Max pointed out.

"That's because he pranked me. And he got me. But he promised me to never do that again or I will kick his ass." Anna said and smirked playfully.

"I am glad my brother is ok." Max said smiling.

"But you? Are you ok?" Anna asked looking at the little boy.

"I am just.....scared....I don't want what happened this evening to happen ever again." Max confessed.

"Max, come here." Anna said and Max got closer to her in bed. She put an arm around him and he put his head on her chest while rubbing his back. "What happened this evening won't happen again. We caught the bad guy and we made him pay. Right now, everybody is safe and sound." Anna said and smiled.

"I am glad Alec has you." Max confessed smiling.

"And I am glad to have him. And I am glad he has you and your family. And that he vad Jace too. You know, he is your brother, right?" Anna asked him while caressing his hair.

"But mom said that he is not." Max defended.

"Maybe, but Max, Jace taught you a lot of things, cared about you, protected you just as much as Izzy and Alec did. Doesn't he deserve to be called your big brother?" Anna asked smiling.

"I guess....You are right. I shouldn't have talked like that with him. Do you think he is mad at me?" Max asked and Anna smiled.

"Max, with a face like yours, nobody can stay or get mad at you." Anna said and pinched his cheeks.

"If Alec doesn't marry you, can I do it?" Max asked and Anna started to giggle.

"Umm.... I already had that conversation with your brother and he said a big No to this idea." Anna said smiling.

"Can I at least be the best man?" Max asked.

"I guess you will have to fight with Jace for that spot but I will put a good word for you." Anna said and winked.

"Anna, thank you for making Alec happy. And Izzy too." Max said hugging Anna tighter.

"Max, it's not a big deal. They make me happier. Happier than I ever was in my life. And now, you make me happy too." Anna said and hugged him back.

Max smiled and then yawned. "Can I sleep here? Please?" Max asked and Anna smiled.

"How can I say no to a face like this?" Anna said and put Max under the covers. Max looked around and tried to sleep but he couldn't.

"Anna? Can you sing me to sleep." Max asked as he tried to sleep.

"Hmmm....sure." Anna said and started to caress his head as she sing.