97

Alec woke up the next morning, the spot next to him empty. He looked around and realized that he was in Anna's room, but she wasn't there. Alec stood up and started to look around.

"Bella? You there?" Alec asked as he knocked at the bathroom door. He opened it but there was no Anna. "Where are you?" Alec asked as he got his phone and started to call her.

"Annabella Herondale here. Can't talk right now. Leave a message. Beeeep." Alec heard in the phone and sighed. 

"Where can you be?" Alec asked as he took his jacket and walked out the bedroom. He walked around the Institute until he found Jace. "Hey, Jace." Alec said and the blonde looked at him smiling.

"Alec. Hey." Jace said smiling. "What's up?" 

"Have you seen Bella?" Alec asked.

"Yeah. This morning she was carrying some books with her. She walked to a training room." Jace said and Alec nodded.

"Thanks." Alec said smiling while patting his shoulder. He then walked to a training room and there he found Annabella sitting down with a lot of books around her, some on the ground and some levitating around her. Alec got closer to her and he saw the black veins on her arms. Alec got slowly closer to her meanwhile she was chanting something and wrapped his arms around hers. Anna gasped as she opened her eyes and the books fell.

"No no no no!" Anna yelled as she looked at the books. "Look what you have done!" Anna yelled as she looked angry at Alec.

"I-I am sorry. I-I just-" Alec tried to say something but Anna cut him off.

"Now I have to start again! Do you know how hard is it to make this spell?!" Anna asked angry and Alec just looked at her with widened eyes. Anna then stopped and looked at the books. She took one and started to search something.

"What are you doing?" Alec asked looking at the books. All the books were turned to spells of transfer.

"Finding a way for Magnus to have magic without him dying." Anna said not looking at Alec. "I though I almost found it when you came but it requires too much energy for me and him to go for at least a day." Anna explained.

"For how long are you here?" Alec asked.

"Three hours." Anna said nonchalantly.

"Three hours?! Bella, you are overdoing yourself. Do you even realize how dangerous that is for you?" Alec asked worried.

"Alec, I don't have time to think about this while my father is not ok!" Anna said angry finally looking at him.

"What's gotten into you?" Alec asked stepping closer to her. He saw the expression on Anna's face and he knew something was wrong. "Tell me. What is happening?" Alec said softly while he put his hands over Anna's. The veins started to fade but they were still there. Soon Anna's expression was replaced by a tired one and she looked at Alec with sorrow.

"Last night, I woke up before you and I went to visit Magnus. When I got in his room, he was drinking, a lot. He was drunk and he told me how unhappy he is without his magic and I-I just wanted to help him. Search for a way to give him some magic without killing or hurting anyone." Anna explained.

"And how did you plan on doing that?" Alec asked raising his eyebrows.

"I don't know! I thought, by being Hecate and the warlocks and witches have my blood through their veins will help me find a solution by using my blood. But I can't use it. It will be necessary a huge amount of blood for him to have magic and I won't be able to survive." Anna said and she started to sob.

"Shh. Look, let me help you. We can search together of you want." Alec offered.

"No. You have enough to do as Head." Anna said shaking her head.