35

Alec and Anna walked in the Institute when Anna's phone started to ring.

"Hello? Yeah it's me. What? Are you sure? I understand....thank you for informing me. Have a nice day." Anna said ending the call.

"Everything alright?" Alec asked.

"Information about my missing friend. Nothing to worry about. Now excuse me." She said and walked off.

Alec made his way to his sister. "So how did it go?" Izzy asked.

"Honestly, really bad. She said that the kiss was a way to put that ass back in his place by showing him how easy she replaced him."Alec explained.

"That's really messed up. I am sorry Alec." Izzy said.

"You shouldn't be. It's my fault. I deserve it. All these things that are happening are frustrating me. I get so angry sometimes, and with how I treated her I deserve it if she hates me."Alec said.

"She doesn't hates you Alec. She is just hurt. She will come around and you will be happy again." Izzy said smiling to him.

"Maybe. Maybe not. She is steessed with her missing friend and I am here steessed that I can't find Jace. She should be in London searching for her friend but the chose to stay here for me. For my sake." Alec said.

"She did it because the loves you Alec. She wouldn't bare the thought of leaving you like this. She wants to make you happy, but the can't if you are going to keep argue with her." Izzy explained.

"It doesn't matter now. We need to find Jace." Alec said ready to leave to the monitor room when they heard a voice.

"I think I could help with that." Jocelyn said.

"And why would we trust you?" Izzy asked.

"Because I know you want to find Valentine, and so do I." Jocelyn said.

"Oh I get it. You want us to find Jace so you can try and kill my brother again." Alec said ready to walk away.

"It's not like that Alec. I want to find Clary. She has been kidnapped by Dot and I think Valentine is behind all this. I know how much Jace means to you and Clary means that much to me." Jocelyn said trying to convince them.

"Alright. How do we do that?"Alec asked.

"With this." Jocelyn said showing them an adamas.

"Where do you get it? Only Fire Sisters has them." Izzy said.

"Luke's mom is a Fire Sister. Now let's do it." Jocelyn urged them.

"How come he didn't tell us about it earlier?" Alec asked.

"To be jones there are some consequences if it is used." Jocelyn said not looking them in the eyes.

"And they are?" Izzy asked.

"If you go too deep you might loose yourself in the process of finding your parabatai." Jocelyn explained.

"No! No. He is not doing it." Izzy said.

"Don't listen to her." Alec said.

"No Alec. You are not doing it.' Izzy said serious.

"You were agreeing with me some minutes before." Alec said.

"That was before I knew you could die. How get up." Izzy said.

"Izzy, I need to do this. I need him." Alec said pleading.

Izzy wanted to say something but the way intrerupted by a knock.

"Alec? Can we talk?" Anna's voice was heard.

At the heading of that, Alec looked at the door in surprise and on Izzy's face player a wide smile. She looked at her brother and nodded to the door.

Alec got up and opened the door, but not open enough for Anna to are Izzy or Jocelyn.

"Hey." Alec said.

"Hi. Can we talk?" Anna said pleading with her eyes.

"Yeah sure. What is it?" He said exiting from his room and closing the door behind him.

  "I got a call from the Clave. They know about my friends disappearence and they want me to rule the search for him because I know him the best from everyone." Anna said.

"Ok. That's nothing new." Alec said looking at her confused.

"The thing is, I will have to leave for London, în three days." Anna said sighing and looking at the ground.

"How long are you gonna stay?" Alec asked shocked.

"I don't know. Until new orders, or until I will find him." Anna explained not looking him in the eyes.

"Are you-....Are you gonna break up with me?" Alec asked looking at him concern and fear clear on the face.

The question shocked Anna and the looked at him in the eyes. In those beautiful green eyes. She felt her heart melt when she saw them. "Alec I-" Anna whispered.

"I get it. Don't worry. You have duties and you should be an exemple for everybody. So friends?" Alec asked as he pull out his hand for Anna to shake.

Anna just looked at it in shock. She then lifted her head up to look at him and he saw the tears that were falling down. "You don't get it. I don't want to break up. I wanted to inform you because I will miss you so much." Anna said and walked away without waiting for Alec to response.

Alec looked at get and sighed tiredly. He couldn't understand why his love life was so complicated and heart breaking. He walked inside and without saying anything he got the adamas and hold it in the palme as he tought about Jace.

He trembled and when he couldn't hold the rock anymore his body felt limb on the bed, and the rock fell from his chest.