41

"I still can't believe you lied to me. All my fucking life! Magnus you lied me in my face!" Anna said angry looking at the two in front of her.

"I already told you why I did what I did. Your mother asked me and I couldn't say no to her." Magnus said.

"Magnus is right, Anna. I saw what your mother could do. We couldn't risk having a little girl dealing with that amount of power that are influenced by your emotions. To be scared is not a solution when it comes to your powers." Raphael said.

"I can't do this. Not now at least." Anna said and made her way out of the apartment. She heard Magnus yelling after her, but she was already out, and on her way on the Institute.

Anna got in the Institute and found the bodies of some people being carried. She found out that the demon got defeated and she made her way to the office.

"Anabella. Didn't your grandmother taught you to knock?" Aldertree asked smiling.

"I want to make a call to the Institute from London and my grandmother. So, I would like having the office for me right now." Anna said with an emotionless face.

"Hmmmm.....of course." Aldertree said and leave the office. Anna stood a little until she heard nothing but she opened the door and looked around to see no one. She sighed and went inside. She then looked around the office and spotted a camera in the book shelf. Anna smirked and took it in her hands.

"Good idea Aldertree, but I am not the kind of person to be spied on." Anna said and threw the camera to the floor and stepped on it breaking it. She then went back to the office and made a call to the Inquisitor.

Soon her grandma's face appeared on the screen, an emotionless face, matching Anna's one.

"I hope you called to apologize for your behavior from the last time we saw each other." The Inquisitor said.

"Actually, I had something else in mind." Anna said.

"Like what?" The Inquisitor asked as she raised an eyebrow.

"How about telling me about our family secret and how you own me an explanation?" Anna asked looking cold at her grandma.

"What are you talking about Anabella?" The Inquisitor asked frustrated.

"I want an explanation for this." Anna said and showed one of her hands with Hecate's symbol on it.

The Inquisitor looked taken aback and her perfect poker face almost fell but she got it right back. "Now you start to draw strange symbol on yourself instead of training or finding your friend?" The Inquisitor asked.

"First of all, my training schedule is still the same, about my friend I am still searching. And besides, don't you think I am too old to be lied to my face?" Anna asked angry.

"You found out?" The Inquisitor asked worry and concern on her face.

"Of course I did. The question is when were you going to tell me? Or where you going to ever tell me? Were you going to take this secret with you to the grave?" Anna asked angry.

"It wasn't my secret to tell. Your mother said that she will be the one to tell you about your powers, about your family, and that she will train you to control them She promised me that she will tell you all the truth. Then, the Uprising happened, and your parents were gone. I found out about the spell and that I was the only one that stopped you from going wild with your powers. The fact that I couldn't help you with your powers hurt me and I decided to search for someone that can help you, but I had to be sure he or she wouldn't say a word about your true self. So I find Magnus Bane, and he agreed to take care about you and watch over you. As for the shadowhunter side, I trained you the same I trained your father." The Inquisitor explained.