95

Anna was facing one of the monitors while holding a tablet searching for something when Magnus entered the room. Anna sensed his presence and looked at him but then she looked back at the monitor. The atmosphere was tensed and everybody could tell that the two argued over something. Magnus sighed and walked to the blonde.

"Hey, Goldie. Can we talk?" Magnus asked.

"What is it Mr. Bane?" Anna asked not looking at him.

"Look, I know that what I said was wrong. I was just so frustrated over the fact that I don't have my magic back. My magic made me who I am." Magnus said.

"Wrong!" Anna said angry looking at him. "Your magic didn't give me a mother or a father, nor made me feel better when I lost my parents. You did. Just you, being your own self made me feel like I still have a parent left to care for. But with this trade of magic between you and Lorenzo it's game over." Anna said and Magnus just stood silent. Anna sighed and hugged him, surprising the warlock. "I don't want to loose you too. I can't. You represent the last thing of my innocent childhood, please don't do something stupid." Anna said as she sobbed in the crook of his neck.

Magnus hugged her and caressed her hair. "I am not going anywhere Goldie. I am gonna stay here a really long time." Magnus said smiling.

"Promise?" Anna asked as she looked at him with tears in her eyes.

"I promise." Magnus said and they hugged tight. "Now, what are you working on?" Magnus asked.

"Just searching for a better way for you to have magic without it leading to your death." Anna said smirking.

"Goldie, I appreciate what you are doing, but don't you have enough to handle for now? I mean The Lights, The London Institute, the Clave?" Magnus asked a little worried.

"Those are not more important than you and your problems for me." Anna said.

"Annabella Crystal Herondale!" Magnus said serious and Anna stopped smiling. Magnus sighed and gave her a small smiled. "You don't have to worry about me. As I said before, I can handle this." Magnus said.

"How can you be so calm when you know that using somebody else's magic can lead to your death?" Anna asked worried.

"Because I know I am not gonna die. I have been through worse Goldie, trust me." Magnus said and Anna sighed and nodded.

"If you say so." Anna said defeated.

"I do. Now go and be the Shadowhunter and leader you trained to be. Later we are gonna see what we can do about your powers and darkside." Magnus said smiling as he winked.

"Fine. But this discussion is far from over." Anna said pointing at him.

"Bye Anna." Magnus said pushing her gently and Anna rolled her eyes but smiled as she walked away. As she walked around she heard a voice.

"Well well. The golden girl in person." Anna heard a familiar voice and when she turned she saw no other than Aline Penhallow.

"The tricky girl." Anna said smirking and the two laughed and hugged. "What are you doing here?" Anna asked smiling.

"Well, I came to see how my cousins are doing and I heard you are going to take over the position as the Inquisitor soon. Besides, I have to give my opinion about my cousin's girlfriend." Aline said smirking and Anna giggled.

"Right. About me and Alec." Anna said and Aline smiled wide and linked their arms.

"You have to tell me everything. There are rumors that Alec might use you but I know my cousin and I know you. So I want all your love story because from all people from our community, you two look like you were made for each other." Aline said while they started to walk and Anna laughed at the raven girl's enthusiasm.