67

Anna walked in Magnus's apartment with a big smile on her face while humming a happy song. When she entered in the apartment she saw Magnus and Luke talking.

"Hey guys!" Anna said in a cheerful voice.

"Hey" Magnus said looking away from her.

"Something happened?" Anna asked confused.

"We need to talk." Luke said.

"Ok then. Let's talk. What is it?" Anna asked folding her arms.

"Luke's sister is alive." Magnus informed.

"I just got a fire message from her. It appears that Valentine is holding her captive." Luke said.

"What would Valentine want with Cleophas?" Anna asked confused.

"Anna....Cleo said that he still has the Soul Sword." Luke said.

"What? No. That's-That's impossible. Jace fought Valentine and got the sword. The Calev has the sword." Anna said with frowning.

"I thought the same thing, but the Clave lied." Luke said.

"I-I need to tell Alec about this." Anna said and wanted to leave but Magnus hold her wrist.

"Anna....Alec is Head of the Institute. He might already know." Magnus said.

"No. No. I- I just saw him. He would have told me. Jace would have told me. My grandma would have told me. They would have warned me somehow. They would have never kept something this important as my safety or yours from me." Anna said with teary eyes.

She pulled her wrist and went to the Institute. She walked through the halls and when she was in front of the office's door she breathed in and out to calm down. She entered in the room and Alec looked at her. He saw the look on her face and he got worried.

"Hey. Everything ok?" Alec asked.

"Honestly I thought it was, until I had a little talk with Magnus and Luke." Anna informed as she got closer to him, sending him a glare.

"What's going on?" Alec asked confused.

"You tell me Alec." Anna said and Alec looked at her confused. "When I first came here and I saw you and the way you acted you know what I saw? I saw courage and loyalty, but above all that I saw honesty. I saw a soldier, a man I could count on and that you will be honest with me. Where did that honesty go?" Anna asked him.

Alec then sighed and got up and looked at Anna. "I can explain." Alec said.

"You knew about the sword." Anna said with a stern look.

"I just found out." Alec defended.

"When? Did you know about this when we were eating? When I told you that you are an honorable man? When we kissed? When you told me that I made you feel all those feelings that I felt together with you in that moment?" Anna asked tears gathering in her eyes.

"I did." Alec confessed and Anna scoffed.

"Then why? Why would you keep this from me? I still try to understand why my grandma wouldn't tell me, but you? I thought we promised that we will trust each other Alec. I thought that we will tell the truth." Anna said.

"Look, I thought that if I would tell someone then it will be an uprising from the Downworld. I didn't wanted to tell you because I knew that you wouldn't want to keep a secret in front of Magnus. It wouldn't be fair for you." Alec said.

"Oh, so now you know what is fair or not for me? Alec, I can keep myself safe! Every time I keep my guard up in front of the danger and right in the day I want to get loose you keep a secret that can bring my fucking death! If you people want me dead, just say it to my fucking face, because I am tired of being lied to!" Anna said some tears rolling down.