CHAPTER 49

"How do you even see in these?"Rin said adjusting Karin's glasses on her face.

Karin groaned,"because I don't have 20/20 vision. That's how."she rolled her eyes,hiding her smile.

Izuna laughed,"come on let me try them on next!"he urged reaching for them.

"No! I just put them on!"Rin opposed as she backed away.

"Hey come on! Share!"Izuna shouted going after her.

"Guys don't break them!"Karin scolded as she went after them both.

Karin watched as Izuna grabbed Rins arm just as she backed into a table,causing her to to fall back with Izuna going with her.

Hearing a loud crash,Karin bursted out laughing. She pointed and crouched over from laughing so hard.

"You guys are so stupid!"she managed to get out between laughter.

Sasuke walked into the scene,an immediate frown came upon his face.

"What are you guys doing."Obito suddenly scolded as he followed Sasuke in. Karin had stopped laughing out loud and instead did so quietly once she heard Obito.

"Uh it was Izuna."she blamed.

"Hey! No it wasn't! It was Rin!"he defended himself. Rin let out a giggle as Izuna helped her up.

Obito rolled his eyes,"I don't care who's fault it was,just knock it off! we can't draw attention to ourselves."he said.

"Alright alright. I get it."Izuna groaned fixing the table that was flipped over.

Rin dusted herself off as she made her way to Obito,"sensei!"she called as she stood in front of him.

"What are we doing today?"Rin asked

"Yeah,I'd like to know that much."Izuna said joining in.

Obito opened his mouth to speak but Madara did so before he could answer."you all are going to stay here."he said.

Karin's smile dropped once she saw Madara. She was still utterly terrified of him.

"What how come!"Rin said with annoyance.

"I object!"Izuna added.

"I've already tried to talk him out of it."Sasuke said as he took a seat.

"We're fugitives. Get the perspective. All of you."Madara said a bit frustrated. He understood the notion of wanting to help. But right now,it would ruin his plan. And he didn't need anyone messing anything up.

Rin sighed heavily. Not again. She thought taking a seat next to Sasuke. Izuna rolled his eyes at his brother.

He needed to get ahold of an old colleague. It was most likely that he knew what was going on. What the situation was. And what the nations plans were for them. And now that Hashirama and the other kage were back...

"Madara."Obito called out.

He looked to him," maybe try explaining the reason their staying behind."

Madara frowned to himself,"didn't I just say it? They're fugitives."he replied. Obito had an unphased look as he walked past him and to the door to leave.

Great communication.he thought sarcastically. The real reason was, Madara didn't want any of them going because last time he assigned a mission to Sasuke and Rin, they failed. And Izuna...well he's Izuna. He would mess up no matter what.

Madara opened the door,feeling the crisp and dry cold air greet him. Rin stood up from where she sat,"Madara! Wait!"she called out rushing to the entrance.

Sasuke narrowed his eyes to her. Although he doubted if Madara ever planned to pull what he did that day,he wouldn't do it here. But he had to be sure.

Izuna took notice of Sasuke. He furrowed his brows. What the...he thought. Why was he starring so intensely. He thought.

Madara had turned to Rin who was making her way to him.

"Are you sure we can't go? I mean I wasn't at your briefing..what are you doing anyway? Why is it just you and sensei?"

Madara sighed,"...we're just here to find intel."he said.

"On what?"she asked.

"Rin...you shouldn't worry about these matters anymore." He said quickly as placed his hood on.

"Just wait. I'll be back soon."he said. He looked at her disappointed expression for a few moments before walking out.

Rin crossed her arms,"Anymore?"she whispered.

"He doesn't mean anything bad by it,Rin."Obito said putting a scarf on.

"What else could he have meant it by. Am I useless now?"she asked.

He shook his head,"of course not."

"He's only trying to protect you and the others."he said stepping out the door as well.

"Right."Rin said waving goodbye. He nodded and shut the door. He began walking to Madara. Obito wasn't satisfied at all with the way he was handling things with her. But there was a lot of things to worry about other than that. He caught up to him.

"When are you gonna tell Rin that she isn't involved with your plans anymore."Obito said.

"Why does she need to know. She should get it by now. I haven't asked her to take part in anything since the war."Madara replied.

"She isn't a mind reader. She's taking what your saying the opposite of what your assuming." Obito said.

Madara looked to him. Was she really? Is she that dense? How could it not be clear? He thought.

The thing for Madara now, was that Rin was someone he loved. Ever since he had come to terms with that. Madara now refused to use her in his plans. He wanted to keep her out of harms way. He wanted to protect her from now on. Which meant...she no longer had a place in battle to him. He quickly snapped away from those thoughts.

Obito who was annoyed activated his mangekyo,scanning the perimeter to see just how many people were here. As for Madara didn't feel the need to go to such drastic measures. All he needed was intel on this nation. And the only person who knew that was Kentaro.