CHAPTER 12

It was nightfall before we knew it.

We took Refuge in a forest,only because Sensei wouldn't stop asking if I was okay to go on.up until Madara got tired of it,and said to rest here until dawn.

Izuna was sleeping.and Madara..

Looking over to him I sighed.oh come on already.I thought standing up.

Dusting myself off and putting a strand of hair behind my ear,I walked over.

Honestly,he can stop with this act already..I mean..we..confessed our feelings.

I blushed.He was very clear when he told me..that moment he did tell me,it was constantly playing in my head.

I took my stand next to him.

He didn't look,or seem to give me acknowledgment that I was standing here.but I felt like,he was forcing himself to do so.

I smiled.

"Whats on your mind?"I asked.

Nothing but the sound of the campfire from behind.hm,as expected.I thought.

"I'll try and guess what's got you thinking.."

"Hmm..."

"Is it perhaps about those berries we ate?"

"Are you upset because we didn't save any for you?"

"Well,it technically wasn't our fault.it was Izunas."I laughed.

"You know,he picked those himself.brought them back only to be paranoid if they were poisonous or not."

"He made Sasuke eat one-"

Madara took a deep breath,"didn't I tell you to rest."

My smile disappeared.looking ahead,I swallowed.

"You..um..you did."I replied trying not to sound to disappointed.

Madara was acting like he always did.why am I getting like this?

Come on me!I thought.there's nothing to be sad about.

I sighed,my optimism saving me in this quiet silence.

"You know,I'd be much more comfortable if you were to come rest with me."I said looking to him.

"Although,I somehow always end up next to you."

"But I'd prefer it,if we just fell asleep together,you know."I explained.

Madara looked at me this time.with his serious look he always had.the only difference was,that his cheeks were a light pink.

A breeze flew by.softly rustling the leaves.

"Why must you say mortifying things like that."he muttered as he crossed his arms.indicating that he wasn't phased by what I just said.

I smiled to myself.I knew that was just a front.

"Enough of your foolish remarks.go already."he said looking away and ahead again.