CHAPTER 38

"Her behavior?" Obito asked.

Izuna watched her walk away with his brother being dragged. He crossed his arms with a frown on his face. He was upset. Karin rolled her eyes.This woman is so weird. First she has a freak out and then runs to apologize?

"You don't think she'll ask him to come back...right?"

Obito on the other hand was pleased, He was proud of her for this.

"I don't know...that's up to Madara."he replied.

"But he'll choose whatever she wants...so really it's up to her."he said to himself.

Sasuke rested his hand on his katana."right."he said.
—————
"You can let go of me now. We're nearly there."Madara said.

But Rin never did. If anything it made her tighten her grip on his hand. She had explained her plan.

"Just gimme a second to prepare myself."she urged as she began to sweat coldly."your the only one that gives me strength to do these kinds things."she muttered. But he heard her loud and clear.

"Also...after I'm done apologizing to him..."Rins hand loosened from his.

With a heavy heart she took a deep breath stopping in her tracks as well as he did.

She turned to side,not fully but to where she gave him an angry yet sad look.

"I want to talk to you about what you said earlier."she stated.

Madara had already knew what she was talking about. He kept the frown on his face. Her eyes glistened with tears but didn't let any escape. And just like that, the regret came flooding within his chest.

"Rin."he said taking a step forward but she quickly composed herself.

"I need to apologize first....we can talk after."She said turning and walking away.

How do I even begin this...she thought.

They both walked through the crowded space of skinny branches from the trees and brush.

Sorry for freaking out but you could be like Itachi? No... how about, hey you knew Itachi so I assumed you were like him,therefore I'm a little concerned with your presence here. That's sounds so bad!

He's an Uchiha. He's one of us. He belongs with us here no matter who he knew.

You know what.

Just take a deep breath....

...

Oh no! I'm gonna have to wing it! And when I do that, it turns out ten times worse! What am I gonna do..I thought as I moved the last part of brush away from my path, exposing the field once again.

"I didn't need some protection! Who sent you?! Was it my father? The first Hokage?!"

I froze.

As did Madara.

That voice...

What the...

Madaras eyes slightly widened.

"I feel as if I'm not suppose to answer that." Shisui said nervously.

"Hey! Your looking at the guy who won the fourth great ninja war! I demand to know!"he said annoyingly.

My mouth opened.

"War?"Shisui said concerned.

"N-...NARU?!MMPH-" Before Rin could finish, Madara had taken hold of her and turned quickly. his back now to a thick tree trunk. He held Rin tightly. her back to his chest, with his hand over her mouth.

"Hm?"Naruto looked behind him.

What was that?he thought squinting his eyes.

Rin held onto his arm over her chest. Her heart seemed to be beating a mile a second. That was the last person she expected to see this soon.

Madara was furious.

For many reasons. But there was one particular reason that trumped the others.

Shisui took this moment to slightly back away as Naruto was distracted by a sound. It didn't take him long to notice."hey!hey!I see you! Don't think your gonna get out of this!"He scolded.

Madara narrowed his eyes turning his head slightly to the side and looking to the field carefully.

Naruto.

What was he doing here! Shisui claimed that he had lost him way back. Could he have lied. Was this an act like I first assumed it was.he thought.

"W-what did you say your name was?"Shisui asked.

No. It couldn't have been. He's clueless about him and the war. We never told him about that.

"Rin." Madara said as he looked away.

"Is it possible for you to open a portal back to the others."he asked quietly.

Rin averted her gaze up. There was no way I could do that!she thought. She shook her head.

"Alright..."he reassured quietly as he slowly removed his hold on her but took her hand.

"Let's go"he whispered.

Rin turned her head,looking back to the field as Madara pulled her with him. Her mouth slightly opened. Her eyes on Naruto.

"Madara wait! Maybe he can help us!"she said and halted her steps.

"No."he replied almost instantly and began to move forward again.  Rin was taken back by his response."you didn't even consider it."she said trying to slow him down by not walking as fast.

"Plus...that time where Sasuke and I...when Obito came to get us that day on the war. We all agreed to be friends."

Madara had stopped in his tracks.

His eyes were wide with rage as soon as he heard those words left her mouth.

"Friends."he repeated.

"What does that mean."he demanded.

Rin had a confused look on her face,"it means he's my friend?"she questioned.

Madara averted his glare ahead,"friends."

She tilted her head to the side,"yes ?"she questioned.

Madara's anger never left. But he forced himself to move forward again. He couldn't kill him now. Not with Rin here...But next time.

He was going to kill him on sight.