CHAPTER 40

No." Madara suddenly said as he pulled his arm away from Rins hand.

"You may as well stay....since your-"Madara stopped
Talking when Obito looked away quickly and walked off.

Madara smirked. That's what I thought. Fool.

"What was that all about."Rin asked.

Madara only crossed his arms,"make this fast. We have matters to attend to."

Rins was taken back. Is that all he thought about this? Her fists tightened. Her mouth opened then closed.

If this is how he's going about the situation...

Then...

There's no point.

Rin looked down,her eyes closing tightly and her lips pressing together to keep herself from crying. "You know what...forget it."She muttered.

"Im-I m just going to need a minute, please. Just go wait with the others for now." Rin quickly turned away and waved him off.

Her hand covered her mouth. As her tears began to gather, and eventually spill over. Rin clenched her teeth together. She took subtle yet shaky breaths.

I guess I was wrong to assume that he just cared about this. But...this isn't some trivial matter! But he thinks it is one.

Footsteps neared her.

"I'm sorry."

Madara stood a few inches behind her. His hand reaching out but stopping before he could touch her shoulder.

Rin crossed her arms,wiping her eyes with her wrist before she did." Do you think that..."she trailed off. She was unsure whether to bring this up as of now. But in her head she disagreed. As well as her heart. This was something that needed to be asked.

"Madara. I love you."

"But,do you really feel the same way about me?"she asked.

A moment passed.

His heart accelerated. His chest felt warm. But he was unable to speak. He felt heat gathering in his face.

"what?" His voice shook. Words like that always triggered his emotions he shoved down a long
time ago.

Madara opened his mouth but no words came out. He didn't know what to do now. I told her,didn't I? He thought.

Rin turned now,looking at him.

"Madara."

"You said you loved me...did you really mean it?"

Madara felt as if he stopped breathing. He looked at Rin who stood before him. Her eyes held sadness...something he hated to see now. Of course he meant what he said. But he would have never said it if he didn't think he was going to die.

"Rin...I..."he didn't know what words to speak. His mind was running with thoughts.

Obito stood to his back against the wall. Listening to what was going on. He narrowed his eyes, she was pushing it for Madara. That man was never one to speak about something like this. Rin shook her head to herself. I knew it.she thought. She reached up and wiped her tears again. There's no way he's going to actually admit it again. If he even meant it after all.

For Madara, It was the opposite.

Rin was attempting to hide her quivering lips. But had failed horribly. She stared at the man in front of her. My heart isn't able to accept this. How is it that he's unaffected...

Taking a shaky breath, she reached for her own hand,and held it close. She then leaned forward. Giving him a respectful bow.

"I'm sorry for misunderstanding."